SOHO Router -Wi-Fi as Wan

I’m seeking clarification of the Wi-Fi as wan feature on the soho router. If someone can pint me to the correct section of the Unser manual, that would be great or clarify.
My use scenario is that I live in a remote area and rely on Starlink for internet connectivity. This week I will install a cell booster that should deliver an excellent LTE signal that I hope to be able to use as a backup data connection via hotspot.
so am I correct in understanding the SOHO modem can be config to repeat the Wi-Fi hotspot from my iPhone to create its own Wi-Fi network? Is this the AP setting in the manual or elsewhere. I don’t necessarily care about hot failover. I just want to confirm that if I manually enable my iPhone hotspot, the SOHO will automatically pick up the signal and deliver it throughout my home (range tbd).
thajks,

Hi Mark. The SOHO Mk3 manual is here. This product can do a lot of magic things but wi-fi-as-WAN is not one of them.

Do you make a router that offers wifi as wan? If so, What is your least costly Wi-Fi router that offers this feature?

Sure. There are quite a number of them! I’ll send you a PM with my contact info. I’m working today and would be glad to talk with you about the alternatives.

There seems to be a mis-understanding. The Surf SOHO can do Wi-Fi as WAN. Simply put, the term refers to the router connecting a Wi-Fi network for its Internet access, rather than the usual Ethernet port. When at a hotel, this can be a great feature to keep all your devices safe behind the Surf SOHO firewall. It also used by RVers often.

The WiFi as WAN can be configured to automatically kick in when the primary Internet connection fails, but it can also be turned on manually when needed.

Of course since the Surf SOHO is doing WiFi in and WiFi out, expect lower performance. Like a WiFi extender, it may perform better if one WiFi band is used to talk to your devices and a different WiFi frequency band is used to talk to the WiFi as WAN Wi-Fi network.

No, Michael, there is not a misunderstanding. I was simply wrong! We have long since gotten away from selling this product and I simply forgot that it would do wi-fi-as-WAN (well, OK, it will “sorta” do it. as you correctly suggest.) ;<)