SOHO can't connect to a confirmed working internet connection

I recently bought a Pepwave Soho but it cannot connect to the DLink modem required by Time Warner.

[ul]
[li]The following setup works perfectly:[/li][LIST]
[li]Cable in wall ----> DLINK DCM301 ----> Laptop (Ubuntu)[/li][/ul]
[li]But this doesn’t:[/li][ul]
[li]Cable in wall ----> DLINK DCM301 ----(in WAN port of SOHO)—> SOHO ----> Laptop (Ubuntu)[/li][/ul]
[/LIST]

I can connect via 192.168.50.1 to view the control panel, but the WAN Connection Status is always a spinning gif saying “Connecting…”.
The Wifi works fine, I can connect to it on my phone - just no internet connection :frowning:

I’m pretty sure Time Warner here in NYC is just a simple default settings DCHP connection, but this doesn’t work. I tried playing around with PPPoE using a Time Warner email address from before but that didn’t work either.

Can anyone help diagnose the problem? I can provide screenshots/pictures etc

Hi,

Please ensure Connection Method for Surf Soho WAN is DHCP and the rest settings as default. If this does not help please open ticket here. Please ensure items below are ready when you open ticket:-

1. DLink modem is connected to Surf Soho WAN.
  2. Prepare a testing PC with Remote Desktop Service which connected to Surf Soho LAN port.
  3. PC has internet access.
  4. Provide login credential for Remote Desktop Service and Surf Soho Web Admin.