SNMP write

Hello,

For my service, I need to closely adapt the configuration of the mobile HD2/HD4/MOTG remotely.

This includes:

managing the primary SIM CARD A=>B, B=>A
managing the volume limit
activation/deactivation of WAN

The rules managing these changes cannot come from the router itself, they are dependent on external factors.

I wanted to do all this via SNMP but, apparently, we can create only read-access users.

Is there a possibility (expert mode?) to push specific points of configuration remotely? The alternative would be to push a full config but this is too much impacting and heavy to manage.

Thx,
PG

Hi PG,

May I know Remote Web Admin in InControl2 can meet your requirements? Make sure your your devices are under warranty and having v6.1.2 and above.

1 Like

This task needs to be automated to change config almost every month on the whole pool. The remote webadmin is perfect for oneshot change on one or two devices only.

I checked the API and didn’t find it also.

Hi,

I will move your thread to Features Request for product team to take consideration.

1 Like

My desire for writing values via SNMP are much simpler. I would like to set things that are normally definable by customers: sysName, sysLocation and sysContact.

/Marty

Hello
I will write under this topic, has there been any progress with SNMP write for BR/MAX series devices? Would like to use this in one solution, but snmp access mode “read-only” seems to be the only one available.

@alvar

Do you have more info to share for your request ? What are the option you need to using SNMP write to the device ?

1 Like

Hello, similar to user Marty_Skinner, either sysName, sysLocation or sysContact, would be nice.