SNMP Trap Server

Hey All,

Any chance for a InControl2 SNMP Trap Server that can create MOS Scoring? We use VoIPSPear for smaller clients. They are great but they run an algorithm that mocks the session. It’s not an actual UDP probe that is onsite. As it is within a very small percentage of accuracy to an actual UDP probe, it’s not the real thing and we can’t break down the SIP and RTP stack like we can with much more COSTLY software used with larger clients.

We would rather give Peplink the business than VoIPSpear as I am a long time Peplink loyalist for many reasons. I know this may not be the direction but I know you guys have the talent to make this happen.

VoIPSpear runs an algorithm that communicates to your network via ICMP Ping to your edge device (Peplink). It has an algorithm that basically takes the health of the WAN and runs a mock UDP test for G.711 and a few other codecs for VoIP and spits a packet loss, latency and overall MOS score ranging from 1-4.4 (dependent on codec).

I’m telling you, if you created something like this in InControl2 and charged say $5 per connection, you would bank!

Regards,

TJ

2 Likes