Slower 4G from MAX BR1 than with Cellphone

Hi folks :slight_smile:

I have been doing some speed tests (speedtest.net and testmy.net) with the same Vodafone sim, same LTE band and same signal strength with the MAX BR1 coming in consistently slower by almost 50% compared to the cellphone. Tests are conducted consecutively and network variance/throughput was taken into consideration.

I thought perhaps the sims were being throttled somehow (EE being investigated in the UK for slowing down unlimited data sims that are being tethered) but Vodafone claims they are not doing this. I also did another test by sharing/tethering the sim via my phone to another phone and the speeds were not being throttled/slowed down. Since the MAX does not have a built-in speed test to verify I have to assume the issue is with the device. I have connected directly to one of the LAN ports with a laptop to conduct these tests.

Anyone experienced a similar sluggish/slow performance?

Thanks in advance!
ETO

@ETO

Would you please open a support ticket for support team to check ?

Please include the followings info into the support ticket :slight_smile::

• Cell Phone model
  • BR1 SN
  • Speed test results for Cell Phone
  • Speed test result for BR1
  • Cell signal info
1 Like

Just a thought but does the phone you are using have an LTE-A / CAT6 capable modem in it and perhaps the BR1 you are using has a pre LTE-A modem. Peplink have a range of LTE-A capable devices to take advantage of the higher carrier speeds you can get with LTE-A where its available, I believe EE call it 4G+ on their website availability checker.

1 Like

Hi guys,

Thanks for the prompt replies! :slight_smile:

I was under the impression the phone wasn’t LTE-A capable but after a little digging I see now that it is. This will explain the discrepancy!

We have a new HD4 unit on the way which we are quite excited about :wink:

Cheers,
ETO

3 Likes

:+1::+1::+1::+1: Good

1 Like