Slow LTE speeds with great signal?

I have a location that has a great LTE signal but when I do a speed test, it only maxes out at about 4mb x 4mb. All my other locations are closer to 30mb. This is with an BR1 ENT.

I replaced the standard antenna with a PUMA-221-S-B-6. That helped A BIT with the upload speed.

BandLTE Band 13 (700 MHz)
Signal StrengthRSRP: -92 dBmRSSI: -55 dBm
Signal QualityRSRQ: -18 dBSINR: 3.2 dB
LTE Secondary Band (SSC1)
BandLTE Band 4 (AWS 1700/2100 MHz)
Signal StrengthRSRP: -114 dBmRSSI: -89 dBm
Signal QualityRSRQ: -16 dBSINR: 2 dB

Is it because of the LTE band? Meaning, the Verizon antenna might just be really far away?

The first thing I would do is get off of Band 13 as it is usually saturated and much slower. Go into the individual band selection and untick 13.

thanks @AskTim

We don’t use speedfusion on these. Is there any built in speedtest so I don’t need to go out there to test these changes?

Here are their current specs:

LTE Band
BandLTE Band 5 (850 MHz)
Signal StrengthRSRP: -99 dBmRSSI: -69 dBm
Signal QualityRSRQ: -17 dBSINR: 2.6 dB

Thanks!

Sure thing. There is no built in speedtest that I am aware of.

System > WAN Analysis (in client mode) can be used to test throughput on a WAN link when pointed at another Peplink device that is also running it (in server mode).

@AskTim Removing band 13 got it to 8/5. Which is a bit better.

But literally all my other sites are at least double that. Or even 30/30(ish).

Any other ideas on how to speed it up? Again, the signal seems great. That’s why this is confusing me.

Thank you!

Actually your RSRQ is not all that great and you might want to confirm what bands Verizon is using on the tower you are connecting to and try each one of them. If you are a ways away from the tower you could consider a directional antenna instead.