Slow internet connection - MAX BR1 Mini

Hi everybody.
I have a problem with the internet connection of my MAX BR1 Mini LTE. I set up my wireless network on my device. My WAN is a Vodafone Italy SIM, and it seems that this connection is working properly with a good signal:

image.png

I tried to do some test with some devices connected on my wifi network, but it’s so hard to load any website, it can take 20 seconds or more. Sometimes the page fails to load. I’ve noticed that I have the same problem even if I connect my laptop with a LAN cable and try to open any website. I’ve tried to ping the google DNS 8.8.8.8 both from my laptop and from the management interface, and the response time is always between 30ms and 40ms. I’ve also tried a traceroute from the management interface and it shows my problem:

I’ve upgraded the firmware to the latest version 8.2.1 and also tried to factory reset the device, but my problem is still there. Can you help me please?
Thanks
Marco

Hi Marco,

If you look at the “WAN Connection Status” screenshot you posted, take a look at the numbers you are getting for SINR and RSRQ.

These number’s are not very good. If you look your top screen shot SINR is even worse (3.6 db). Here is a rough estimate of what you want to see for numbers…

Picture1.jpg

The reason you are getting inconsistent connectivity and speeds is almost certainly due to the quality of the cellular signal you are getting.

The real solution here is “get better signal”, but of course that’s not always easy, unfortunately. The things I would try would be repositioning the antennas and/or location of the device if possible. Also make sure you have both the cellular AND diversity antennas installed.

1 Like

Thanks Josh for your reply, I’ll check in the next days both router and antennas and I’ll compare the values you posted with my signal, to see if I can improve it. I reply you again if I will need other tips. Thanks again!