Slow Fiber Upload Speed on Peplink Balance 1350

I have a Peplink Balance 1350 (Firmware 6.3.4 build 3613). I have a Fibre connection plugged into WAN 1 via PPoE.

The download speed is running as expected, but the upload speed is dreadfully slow (0.23 Mbps).

I’ve tried it with a PC plugged directly into the PPOe and the upload speed is normal (good).

I’ve also already tried factory reseting the firmware and only setting up the WAN 1 (all other settings at factory default).

The PPoE settings are pretty boring and typical.

Any ideas?

Please connect your laptop directly to the LAN port of Balance 1350 and test again. You may contact your purchasing point if you need further help.

1 Like

did you ever figure this one out?

@wxperson

This is a unexpected behavior that need to check from the device in-order to investigate the issue. This can be related to physical layer or port speeds negotiation problem.

Please help to isolate the issue :slight_smile:

1. Connect a switch in between the Balance device and the ISP modem and redo the test.

2. Define both end devices port speed to 1000Mbps full duplex and redo the test.

If the problem still persists, please contact Peplink certified partner or Peplink support team for assistance.

1 Like