Simultaneous WiFi AP and WiFi as WAN on Max Transit Duo

Does the Max Transit Duo support simultaneous WiFi AP and WiFi WAN? I’ve only used the BR1 Slim and realize that this is not an option for that model but since the Max Transit Duo has both 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz radios, does the firmware allow for setting the 2.4GHz radio as WiFi AP and the 5.0GHz radio as WiFi WAN and vice versa? I’m in need of a compact device that allows both capabilities simultaneously. Ideally, I’d like to have my users connect to the Duo’s 2.4GHz AP and then have the Duo connect to an existing 5.0GHz AP if the Cellular WAN is not available.

Rich

Hi,

BR1 slim only work for 2.4Ghz (Single Radio) thus 5Ghz is not consider here.

Max Transit Duo support the following:

WIFI AP: Simultaneous Dual-Band (2.4Ghz, 5Ghz)
WIFI WAN: 2.4Ghz

WIFI WAN (5Ghz) is in feature road-map and so far we have no ETA for the feature yet.

Thank You

1 Like

Thank you for your response. Let me clarify my question…Can the Max Transit Duo serve as both a WiFi AP and WiFi WAN at the same time? I understand it can do 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz WiFi simultaneously and that it can do only 2.4GHz WiFi WAN at this time with 5.0GHz in the feature road map. What I need to know is can it right now function as both a WiFi AP and WiFi WAN simultaneously?

Rich

Hi Rich, yes it can do both simultaneously with the conditions mentioned above. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi there, was wondering if the 5GHz wifi as WAN is still on the feature roadmap and if there is an ETZ for it yet. Thanks.

Hi,

5Ghz WIFI WAN tentatively has been scheduled for firmware version 6.4.0. Please stay tuned.

Thank You

1 Like

Great, so tentatively with 6.4.0, the Transit will be able to do simultaneous 2.4/5 AP and 2.4/5 Wifi WAN?

Hi,

Tentatively Yes :):slight_smile:

Thank You

1 Like

Any ETA and info on 6.4.0?

We yet to have the solid timeframe since v6.3.3 was under development. Stay tuned!

1 Like

Does the transit duo have two wifi radios and a combiner/splitter or does it share the time 50/50 for wan and ap?
Seeing as it only has two antennas out?
Any spec sheet on the wifi radio that is used, transmitting power and such.

Hi. I’m wondering if the capacity to use the 5ghz and 2.4 ghz wifi simultaneously as incoming wans and outgoing AP’s is currentLynn capable in the max transit duo with the latest firmware as of 9/9/22. Thanks.