Simultaneous dual-band Access Points?

Hi just wondering if I’m missing it somewhere – are there any pepwave indoor simultaneous dual-band access points? I notice the AP300M is dual-band but does not support activity at both frequencies at the same time. Seems to me like this is could lead to a lot of odd unexplainable behaviors (things work fine one day in the location, but the next, nope because somebody turned on a 2.4ghz device and now everyone has to use 2.4 ghz …). Is this something people find in practice for environments where you don’t control the client’s which might be connecting to the AP?

I think I’m more tempted by the AP One with its higher output power … Does peplink make a ‘high power’ simultaneous dual-band AP?

Thanks,
Ben

Ben,

Yes the AP Pro Duo’s have this capability of running on 2.4 and 5Ghz at the same time. Otherwise the AP Pro is 2.4 only and the 300M is software select able to be at 2.4 or 5ghz but not simultaneously

Hi Ben-

Our indoor simultaneous dual band access points will be released later this year or early next year, please stay tuned for updates.

If coverage and high output power is what you are after, definitely look at the AP One. It is only 2.4GhZ, but on max setting it has 630mW (28 dBm). If you enable the Power Boost, it actually cranks out 2 full Watts of power (33 dBm). Watch your antenna selection here though, you don’t want the FCC to come knocking at your door. :slight_smile:

For reference, the AP Pro Duo is an outdoor AP.

I remember when I have set country is China. The output power is 20dBm for max. The 28dBm is for the United States, is that right?
Thanks a lot.