Sim says resetting

Has anyone had issues with the pepwave max transit mini? We are having an issue where the sim keeps saying resetting and never connects to the firstnet network. We are using a static ip and have been using the modems for 2 years now with zero issues. Now we’re encountering the modem losing cellular connection. We wifi into it and it says sim resetting and will sit there and just spin. We’re having numerous modems doing this.

A cellular modem resets when it is swapping between SIMs (or searching for a SIM). Any chance the SIMs have moved in their slots? Can you see the ICCID data for each inserted SIM?

We always put the Sims in slot 1. The sim and modem will be transmitting data back to us and then all of a sudden we lose connection. We remote in and it says resetting. We are starting to see this on numerous modems. We have the modems set to default to read any sim inserted, but have tryed just having it look at the individual slot the sim is in and it still says resetting.

This happened to me on my MAX Transit Duo Pro. Sometimes, one cellular modem would get stuck in the Resetting state, including at boot time.

According to support (TK), the issue will be fixed in 8.4.0 but isn’t fixed in the current 8.4.0b01.

Sometimes rebooting fixed it for me.

If it’s saying SmartCheck failure and resetting I’d try disabling the SmartCheck on the cellular WAN.

Same here with the UBR Plus (8.4.0 build 5416). See screen shot below. It stays at resetting on both modems forever (days…weeks…and never cycles). Both go down at the exact same time so it is very unlikely to be a SIM issue.

Ticket to support has not been very helpful as everytime I complain the answer is to reboot and it promptly works again for a few weeks until this happens again.

I am hesitant to put this model into any kind of production network if it needs to be rebooted every couple of weeks.