SIM Injector 8 SIMcards bonding capability

Hi all,

I want to ask about SIMcard injector. We know that SIM Injector can add 8 SIMcards, my question is, can we make bandwidth bonding using all those 8 SIMcards?

If it’s possible how the deployment method? can we use SIM Injector and any peplink as a router (for example MAX BR1 or UBR)?

Hope you can answer my question.
Thank you.

Hi @Budiartha_Prakosa
Welcome to the forum!

You can bond as many SIM cards as the router can support (i.e. how many cellular modems the router has). The BR1 only supports a single active SIM card. If you want to bond multiple SIM cards at the same time, you will need to consider products such as the HD2 MBX (two active SIM cards), HD4 MBX (4 active SIM cards) or the EPX.
Also, please note that not all of our products support the SIM Injector.

1 Like

Hi @Sam_Norris ,

Thank you for the answer. Very appreciate that.

So, where i can found the list of product that support SIM injector? And does peplink have product that can support bonding 8 SIM Cards?

As long as i search, i only found EPX that support 18 SIM cards.

Thank you

Hi @Sam_Norris,

I have questions regarding bonding capability using SIM Injector.

If we use HD2 MBX with 2 sim cards and SIM Injector with 8 sim cards, does it mean we can bound 10 SIM cards simultaneously?

Or does it mean only 2 sim cards can be bonded at the same time, either sim from HD2 or sim from SIM injector?

Regards,
Deni

Hi Deni,

the SIM-Injector is the SIM-Module. It is not a router or a cellular module.
If you use a HD2 you can bond 2 SIMs, but you can use 12 SIM-Cards (4 in the HD2, 8 in the Injector), so you can change the SIMs with software without a screwdriver.

Regards
Dennis

1 Like

Hi @dennis.hofheinz ,

Thanks for your information.
It makes better understanding.

Regards,
Deni

1 Like

The following devices are supported:

HD2 MBX
HD4 MBX