Should the Max BR1 mini be able to receive verizon SMS text message?

Is this API from Verizon or from Peplink and where is it? My use case for getting the SMS was because Verizon won’t let me log into the billing section until after I setup my security on the account for a prepaid account. I need access to the SMS to get a code to login with. Now I have to get the sim card out of the peplink, put it into a phone and see if it can get code. If it’s possible to get access to the SMS messages from my peplink transit, it would have helped me at least this once. It sounds like there is no way for me to get it now without using a phone, but having access to SMS (if technically possible) would be desired for this case and maybe future billing issues. And of course there are the issues around the different size for sims in peplinks vs the phones. This is unpleasant, but not complicated.

Update - what a hassle. So I took the peplink off the wall, removed the cover from the sim slots, had to take out both since I couldn’t remember which one was which and it was turned off, got the correct sim, removed the small and middle sim pieces from the bigger outer sim piece, put that into a lenovo, booted it up, found it was not comptable with verizon and shut it down and removed the verizon sim from that phone and put it back the way it was. Then I took a samsung and removed it’s sim, removed the verizon middle size off of the small sim size and put that in the samsung. Booted the samsung and it said it had to restart because of the new sim. After rebooting and logging in, I had to tell verizon to resend the code and it came through. I was able to setup my billing account with verizon and then had to shutdown the samsung, remove the sim, replace the old sim and boot it back up. Now I still have to add the small sim piece to the medium and large sim pieces so I can put it back in the peplink. All of this because peplinks aren’t able to access SMS messages from verizon. I state again that because of the process I just went through, you should provide access to the SMS in the peplink web interface.

Hello @teksaport,
It is not an issue with the Pepwave routers, the images below are all from BR1 routers and all routers running FW 8.1.0 as well.

Your carrier is the issue here and looking through the forum they are the most problematic carrier in the world, best to take it up with your carrier and the local government authorities that regualate the carrier, the issue is not the Pepwave hardware.
Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

It’s hard as a small customer to make this case since the SMS doesn’t reach the pepwave device when it works fine to other devices, for example multiple Novatel/Inseego devices.

I hate when I get sidetracked from a project. Anywho… My use case for this is to send out alerts from our monitoring platform when the VPN connection is down. When I try it with the Pepwave Max series, I get 404 errors. We now have a Balance 30 LTE, and I just tested with that. It works as intended. I am not able to retrieve texts, but that’s not what I’m after.