SFP+ to 10Gbase‑T for SD-Switch

Can anyone recommend a known-working SFP+ to 10Gbase‑T adapter for a SD Switch 48-Port?

It would have a QNAP card at the other end, but hopefully the 10Gbase-T is more standardised than SFP+

:wink:

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Dear @mjellybaby,

FS SFP 10G-T has passed the test on 24/48 port SD switches at 10G mode.

1 Like

Thanks Ricardas

Just to check: this is the FS SFP+ To 10G-baseT adapter, with the firmware for a FS switch?

Just to check: this is the FS SFP+ To 10G-baseT adapter, with the firmware for a FS switch?

Yes, the default firmware of FS SFP module is okay.

1 Like

Picture and links of tested modules
https://www.fs.com/products/89577.html
https://www.fs.com/products/66613.html

2 Likes

Hi @Ricardas

I ordered the FS modules, with the default FS firmware you suggested (10GBASE-T SFP+ Copper RJ-45 30m Transceiver Module for FS Switches).

I have them connected between a SD-24 and an SD-48, with 5m CAT6A shielded patch.

I’m getting link up / link down happening regularly, and was getting RSTP syncs for the same before i turned it off for that port.

Any ideas?

If possible, i’d also like to use a 80m Phy (similar to https://www.fs.com/products/87588.html SFP-10G-T-80) offferings.

Quick Update.

Port 52 (SFP+) on the 48, to port 24 (1G) on the 24 gives no issue.
Port 48 (1G) on the 48, to port 26 (SFP+) on the 24 gives issues, but less frequently. <<<—
Port 52 (SFP+) on the 48, to port 26 (SFP+) on the 24 gives issue. <<<—

On the 48, Ports 49 and 50 have similar Phys in the SFP+ and are connected with the same 5ft shielded CAT6 cables to QNAP 10Gbase-T cards without problems.

It might be nothing, but even when connected to a 1G port, the dashboard reports that its connected at 10G:

Hi @mjellybaby

something does not work as expected. Is your module Cisco or Intel compatible?

Please open a ticket and enable remote assistance or provide at least diagnostic reports from both switches when they are interconnected via SFP+ ports. Our engineers will check your issue.

Thanks

1 Like

@mjellybaby,

please try also to set fixed port speed 10 Gbps full duplex.

1 Like

@Ricardas

I’ve an open ticket now.

The modules were bought with the default FS firmware for FS switches. Is that ok?

Yes, the default firmware of FS SFP module is okay.

Just tried fixed 10G at both ends, and same issues.

Still working with Peplink Customer Support, who are great:

I have obtained the latest feedback from the engineering team, so far they have been tested the SFP-10G-T (10GBASE-T SFP+ Copper RJ-45 30m) with the following scenarios

1. PSW-48 >>10G<< PSW-48 -No link drop issue.
  2. PSW-48 >>10G<< PSW-24 -Link drop issue occurring
  3. PSW-24 >>10G<< PSW-24 -Link drop issue occurring

With the current findings - The SFP-10G-T (10GBASE-T SFP+ Copper RJ-45 30m) tested working fine with PSW-48 >>10G<< PSW-48 and we noticed link-drop issue can be found consistently in PSW-24.

As for now, the engineering team is still focusing in debugging and recalibrating of PSW-24 with the SFP-10G-T (10GBASE-T SFP+ Copper RJ-45 30m) as each transceiver have different calibration settings, we wish to calibrate it as accurately as possible to have the best compatibility results.

1 Like

RSTP is only for if you Connect 2 Switch together as a Dual Connection from one Switch to anther like connecting 8 switch in a Dual Link backup loop where if one switch link goes down it reroutes