SFCloud combined cellulars slow?

We have a MAX-TST-DUO-LTEA-R-T-PRM that we are testing. We have two SIMS in it.
When I do a speed test with SIM1 by itself it gets 30mbps. Same for SIM2. This is in (priority mode) with SFCloud disabled.

But when I turn on SFCloud and have it combine the cellulars, I get around 30mbps??
When I look in status it downloads around 15mbps on each cellular…

Is the overhead of SFCloud really 50% ?
I was wanting to have it combine them and get around 50-60mbps…

May I know both SIM cards are from the same provider?

Yes they are.

This may relate to the available bandwidth from the cellular tower. Cellular connection is a bandwidth sharing basis. You may refer to our whitepaper - http://download.peplink.com/resources/SpeedFusion_Best_Practices.pdf, page 10.

Another thing, the bandwidth for cellular connection is not consistent. You may get different speed at different time.

Naw, thats not it. By themselves - 30 mpbs. Together - 30mpbs. (each one only pulling 15 bonded with SCCloud)

It’s not the tower being “overloaded”. This tower standing right next to it can pull 180+mbps on my phone.
It’s something with the bonding that is slowing it down when using 2 cellular at the same time.

Can you check what is the connected cellular bands, RSRP, RSRQ, and SINR from your phone and MAX Transit? For MAX Transit, you may check at Dashboard > “Details” of Cellular WAN > WAN Connection Status.

have you activated wan smoothing?

Newbie question; In this post’s scenario what would the expected throughput be? In another post I see that there is 19% overhead when using Speedfusion Cloud. So…

(30Mbps *.81) + (30Mbps *.81) = 48.6Mbps

Is that correct in theory?

Yes. Assuming:
Cellular links are of similar latency an there is quality bandwidth available between you and the other end of the speedfusion tunnel.

Perfect. Thank you

Follow up question: Are there any limits I should be aware of? For example, is the following true:

(100Mbps * .81) + (100Mbps * .81) = 162Mbps

Yes. each hardware appliance has a throughput limit for Speedfsion VPN. A MAX Transit for example has a 100 / 60Mbps VPN throughput limit (without / with encryption) but a raw LAN to WAN routing capability of 400Mbps.

Also each device can connect to a limited number of remote devices (or VPN peers). Again the Transit can only create a PepVPN / Speedfusion VPN tunnel to two other Peplink devices at the same time.

Got it. Can you point me to these specs online, please? I don’t want to keep asking questions that I can find answers to independently

Thanks again,
Paul

The summary tables may be accessed from the comparison page. There is one table for each of the product lines.

Cheers,

Z

Perfect. That is what I was looking for.

MAX Series Comparison Table - Peplink

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.