Several ways to power - Max transit duo

Hi!
I want to learn about the ways you can power the Max Transit.
What I understand there is redundancy between the green aux socket input and the DC barrel input…
With this in mind, is it possible to use a battery on each input, aux socket and DC barrel, to gain uptime?

There are also dual 5v USB inputs to power the max transit, what I can tell also offers redundancy between them.
Are there redundancy between the USB supply and the ax and DC barrel supply?

How does the failover work between the supplies, is there some kind of comparison of the input voltages?
If i use two batteries to power the max transit, is the failover function going to alternate between the two batteries relative to the discharge curve/voltage drop of the same batteries?

Have a nice weekend!

1 Like

You can use all power inputs at the same time. Failover uses a powerpath controller so is simultaneous. Highest voltage wins but sources are shared. So if you were to connect a pair of 5V usb batteries and a pair of 12V batteries the 12v batteries would drain first equally / at the same time, then the 5V batteries would drain next.

Yes.

4 Likes

Does this mean that we double the capacity/mAh when using two 12v batteries in each of the dc inputs?

Yes it does.

3 Likes

Does this mean that you can connect it in your RV or Boat in both AC and DC power supplies so when you disconnect your shore power, the switch to DC source is automatic?

Hi Marc. That is exactly right.

2 Likes

Thank you Rick. That is fantastic.

I know this is an old post but I have a question for using batteries on the max transit duo 2021 model. I will have it plugged into RV shore power. For the batteries can I use a USB battery pack (Anker 26800 Model 1374)? It has three port. quick port 5-6V - 3A/6-9V - 2A/9-12V - 1.5A and two ports 5V-3A (3A max per port). I would use while traveling between locations. Is there a better solution I should be looking at? I understand from the post That the AC power and battery can be plugged in at the same time. Just want to ensure the battery pack is the right option.

Which model exactly?

The Transit Pro now has USB Type C connectors and that requires PD (Power Delivery) and can’t run from an old style 5V USB Battery.

If its the earlier Transit with the USB Micro ports then your Anker 26800 will be fine.
Yes AC PSU and USB power can be used at the same time.

Thank you. I have the Max transit duo LTEA with the micro usb ports. Last question and this way out of my swim lane. The Anker 26800 has 96.43Wh listed on it. Does this mean on the best day if everything goes right I can get 96Wh (battery)/18W (Max transit duo) = ~5 run time?

You’ll get longer than 5hrs - likely much nearer 8hrs as the transit tends to sit around the 8-10w level unless you are smashing it with load continuously. So 18w is worse case.