Setting up SpeedFusion on inControl, or on the devices directly?

Post here been deleted due to age.

Hmm, it should not take so long for the configuration to apply at the device devices level. Do the devices having stable connection to the IC2 cloud ? Personal experience normally it should take 1- 2 minutes for the configuration changes applied to the device level.

1 Like

Sit’s correct. IC2 should be processing the config request and pushing an update in a minute or so, depending on system load. If you’re on a stable connection and seeing times that are unusually longer than this, please submit a ticket with the device S/N and we’ll investigate.

-James

No worries. From our end it’s easier to troubleshoot a device that is actively having issues, so whenever I see something like this I’d like to jump on it before the end-user resets his device or the logs age out of the system.

If you see it again, PM me and I’ll take a look.

Back to your main question, IC2 should handle the majority of day-to-day VPN configuration scenarios. In the end it comes down to what you’re comfortable with, whether you need a firmware-only feature, and, honestly, the size of your implementation. Device by device configuration doesn’t scale well past single-digit node counts.

-James

1 Like

We tend to use incontrol here and its a couple of mins at most to get the VPN config onto the devices, perhaps slightly longer if a remote end is cellular and only achieving 3G but nearly always within 5mins tops.

1 Like