SD-Switch: VLAN / IGMP Snooping configuration

Hi,
can someone please help me with some questions about the configuration of VLANs and IGMP Snooping for Peplink SD Switches?
Would you recommend to set a specific IP address for the switch for each VLAN?
Or would you leave the field empty, instead?
Screenshot:

Setting such a VLAN specific IP address is leading to a specific IGMP Snooping querier IP address other than 192.168.1.254.
See screenshot (first row: i set only a specific IP address for the untagged VLAN, but not for the others):

Or doesn’t it make any difference, to what I set the Querier addresses (just leave them on default 192.168.1.254, even if this is different than the VLANs IP range?).

I would highly appreciate any help!

@sitloongs : can you maybe please help me on this enquiry as I did not get any reply, yet?

Setting IP address is necessary when using multiple switches. The switch with the lowest IP number becomes the querier for that vlan.

1 Like

Thank you very much. This worked fine!
:wink:
PS: Does anyone now the function of the Subnet Mask (see first screenshot in initial post)? As it is only going down to /30 and not /32 it seems not be used to define the IP-Address in detail?

What’s the usecase of a /31 or /32 IP on a interface that is designed to communicate with others?

Hello.

quick answer:

All 128 of the Possible /31 Network

All 64 of the Possible /30 Network

Thanks Marcelo.
Sorry, but I do not understand why I should restrict this instead of /24?

Hi…

No… I just try explain for you… Why we use /31 and try to not use /30.