SD Switch (8 port) SFP to Ethernet convertors

I have a customer who’d like to change the SFP Ports in their 8-port Peplink SD Switch from 2 x SFP to Ethernet.
Does anyone have a view/experience on using converters?
Thanks

Hello Rory_Ingen,

We have tested a few SFP connectors. Do you have any specific questions?

1 Like

Thanks Zach,

Which ones have been tested to work? In particular, what copper SFPs have you tested?

Thanks!

Zach_Tangen,
If you’ve tested some that work in the SD Switch to change the SFP to Ethernet, then I’ll happily pass on that recommendation!
Can you send me a few part numbers please?
Rory

This one is working: Community: Please add your working SFP here. Theo
EAN:4038816064639; Type: ALL4765; Price 40-50€

Hello Rory,

Here is a short list of Makes and Models that will work with the 8 Port and the 24 Port switch. Please note that the same SFP should be used on both sides.

– 10G Modules –
Finisar, FTLX8571D3BCL
Mode: 10GBASE-SR/SW
Finisar, FTLX1371D3BCL
Mode: 10G Ethernet 10GBASE-LRM

Intel FTLX8571D3BCV-IT
Mode: 10G Ethernet 10GBASE-SR/SW
Intel, FTLX1471D3BCV-IT
Mode: 10GBASE-LR/LW and 1000BASE-LX

Netgear, AXM761
Mode: 10GBase-SR/LC

– 1G Modules –
Finisar, FTLF8519P3BNL
Mode: 1000Base-SX Ethernet

D-Link, DEM-311GT
Mode: 1000BASE-SX, 550m/850nm
D-Link, DEM-310GT
Mode: 1000BASE-LX, SM/1310nm
D-Link, DEM-315GT
Mode: 1000BASE-ZX, 80km/1550nm

The 8-Port switch supports 1G only while the 24 Port supports 10G. More specs for the switches can be found here

3 Likes

detail incorrect weight Sw_24 and PoE enabled (delivers up to 850W) Gigabit (8 ports) and SFP+

1 Like

Hi Rory,

are you looking for something like this?

I’ve been using Cisco copper transceivers with great success, but would also suspect that these would work (untested):

https://www.fs.com/products/11773.html

1 Like

Jakub, this is what my customer needs - they’ve only got Ethernet aboard a boat and so want to convert the SFP to Ethernet

Zach, your list is for SFP input; what I’m after is Ethernet input, so the SD Switch only presents to Ethernet Cabling.
The image from JakubN and the item in bentoll’s link show the correct format for what my customer needs.
They are just about to purchase 5 units so they’ll need 10 of these.
Can you recommend one you’ve tested?
Thanks
Rory

Hello Rory,

In the office we are currently using this copper SFP transceiver module and it’s been working great.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00U77IJ2M/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

5 Likes