SaaS Radius server?

Anyone using a cloud-based Radius server for WPA/WPA2 Enterprise WiFi Encryption?

I am testing Ironwifi. No luck so far having my Peplink Balance One show up on their server. Beside this technical issue that I am sure will involve port forwarding and firewall settings I am looking for alternatives that we know that work and are secure. For example, IronWiFi doesn’t’ have 2FA on the Admin account which is kind of crucial for the level of security it needs…

Hello @ScooterIT,
I’m interested in this too, we have a client who has requested that with all of the Wi-Fi user accounts that the access be required to be authenticated from the company’s G-Suit (Google Business Account) with the WAPs supported authentication, we looked at a captive portal approach, though it was not satisfactory to the client. We have a relationship with a Google Partner here and they are digging into it for us, again it all needs to be cloud based and security is paramount.
Let us know what you find, we will also post what we find.
Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got the Ironwifi to work but I don’t recommend using them. The security of the admin account is weak. And while talking to their “tech support” it appears to me that they are from Eastern Europe etc.

This would defeat the purpose of upping the security to WPA2 Enterprise…

I have started to use my Synology NAS as a Radius server. You can settle with the smallest version since it doesn’t’ have to do much work or storage unless you choose to.

Using G-Suite accounts would be an option, however, I am a bit concerned about the single point of failure.

It would be nice if Peplink would offer to integrate Radius server to their routers better yet make it part of Incontroll.

1 Like