Router location based on cell tower triangulation

Hello everybody,

My company is planning to use the MAX-BR1-ENT router as their standard in all our Maritime applications.

While using IC2 I noticed that the location of the router is only automatically determined if a GPS antenna is connected. Since I’m not in the position to install an extra GPS antenna I was wondering if it is possible to get a rough location via cell tower triangulation? I couldn’t find it in the settings menu so I’m wondering if it is supported. I have seen this on models from other vendors and it gives us enough information on global movements.

If it is not available, can I then make this a feature request?

Thanks for any and all help.

Regards,

Lars

1 Like

Hi Lars,

Currently we don’t have such feature in IC2, but it should be flexible to implement, I’d raise a feature request and see if we can fit it into Q3 or Q4 2020 release.

Billy

1 Like

Hi Billy,

Thank you for your reply.
Just to make sure. Do I need to do anything to make this a feature request or are you picking this up.
Many thanks.

Lars

It would be very nice to see such a feature in IC2 :slight_smile:

Hi Lars,

Sorry for late reply, you don’t need to do anything, it’s already in our feature request list and just waiting for a time slot.

Just stay tune.

Billy

1 Like

Hi @billyl,

Any news on the progress of this feature?

Regards,

Lars

Hi Lars,

The feature is lining up in the next implementation plan, but since we just roll out a new release and we haven’t finalized the upcoming implementation plan yet, I will let you know when I have any update.

Billy

Thank @billyl,
I appreciate the quick update.
Will keep my fingers crossed.

Lars

Do we have any news here regarding this? :slight_smile: