Reset pepwave ap one ac mini without reset button and password

Hello, I bought a used pepwave ap one ac mini.
Unfortunately, the reset button is broken.
When booting, I have the SSID of the previous owner but not the ssid password.
The web interface is functional but I also don’t know the login and password (admin / public NOK).

1 Like

Your choices are limited. There is no console, no other access.
Ask for a refund or try to open it and get to the reset button.

1 Like

Hi,

you can use InControl2 to manage the device from remote. This is also my favourite soloution to do that

1 Like

Good option Dennis, I just assumed since he said it was used that the ic2 was not transferred and that it was no longer in warranty.

1 Like

Hello, I disassembled the ap one, I reset button is broken.
The ap one is no longer guaranteed so not available on ic2.
I think it will end up in the trash lol

While IC2 is included with Peplink’s various warranties, you can also purchase a IC2 subscription at the Peplink eStore. Since you bought the device used you would want to try to add it to a IC2 account first, however, just to make certain it has been released from the previous owner’s account.

1 Like

Hello,
I know that the pepwave was configured via a peplink balance 20.
When I connect directly to the pepwave web interface, what is the password requested?
that of the peplink balance 20 or that of the default of the pepwave?

Maybe you should show is a screen capture of the subject location?

Hi,

YYY

It is the password of the pepwave AP… but if the AP is/was managed by the Balance 20, then the balance 20 owner can tell you the PW.
This is found on the B20 under the AP tab then “setup” Select the configuration (default?). Halfway down the next page will be "web administraion settings (on external AP). You then “unhide” the admin password.

Well, OK, you appear to be at the log-in screen of the AP. The AP is likely that set by the B20. The specific router that was used to configure the AP is not relevant at this point – UNLESS you have access to it and get it to communicate with the AP. Other than that, and failing the suggestions put forth by @dennis.hofheinz and @Jonathan_Pitts , I’d say you are outta luck. :<(

Target practice time?

Hello, this manipulation with de Balance 20 under the AP tab worked.
Thank you all for your help, I finally have access to the Pepwave AP One AC Mini

1 Like

Awesome great work, glad it’s working for you.