Remove unused wans from "WAN Connection Status"

Maybe this is buried in the forum someplace, but my searching has not uncovered it.

On my Surf SOHO MK3, under “WAN Connection Status” in both the Dashboard & Network-WAN screens, some old WiFi WAN connection types are displayed in the “Disabled” area that were from me experimenting when the MK3 first came out. I can’t seem to figure out how to delete them completely. They obviously are part of the settings, so they have persisted though numerous firmware upgrades.

Anyone know how to get rid of them? If that’s not possible, I would consider that a bug, and a big one.

For Soho and Max series, all WAN options will be always visible on the Dashboard, no matter if you used them before or not. So just drag it to disable if you not using it

Example:

For Balance series, go to Network, WAN and uncheck Enable, then it won’t show on the Dashboard:

1 Like

@aldwinaldwin is right. This is more like WebAdmin WebUI displaying method between Balance Series/MAX/SOHO devices.

If you still having any concerns, possible do give us a screenshot and we can further discuss on that.

1 Like

If it’s WiFi WAN go to it’s details page scroll down and you can delete it.

I had this problem too, but with firmware 8.3.0
This is how I solved it:
Check in the ‘WAN connection settings’ that ‘Independent from Backup WANs’ is disabled.
Only after disabling this, the WANS became dragable - after dragging it to the ‘disabled section’ it stays disabled.

1 Like

So basically this bug remains, and the responses ignored the question asked. So it still appears there is no way to eliminate disabled WANS that will never be used again. You can call it a memory leak if you like, as that’s basically what it is, but the fact that the info is preserved for configurations that will never be used instead of freeing those storage resources is just poor programming if it’s true.

1 Like