Remote User Access Problems

Good afternoon Everybody,

I have been trying to configure remote user access on on a Balance 20 and a Balance One both independently. Both Routers were updated to the latest stable release 7.1.2.

The configurations are failry simple for right now.
Main untagged LAN
VLAN 2
VLAN 3 with no interVlan routing.

One router has remote user access with L2TP with IPSEC preshared key and dropping you in to VLAN2.

The other router has remote user access with L2TP wiith IPSEC preshared kwy, and being placed in the untagged VLAN.

I am trying to setup built in Win10 VPN client to connect, and continue receiving “The connection was prevented because of a policy configured on your RAS/VPN Server”

I have reset both routers to factory settings andcreated the configs from scratch with no luck.

@HydraSync

Do you have “Window Client L2TP settings” as shown in the knowledge base below ?

You may need to refer to this forum post as well:

1 Like

@sitloongs thank you for the information. Seems that I had forgotten about allowing the MS-CHAP-V2 on windows.

On macOS Mojave 10.14.3 however, I followed the guide, and connection drops when you have send all internet traffic over VPN checked with the following error : You were disconnected because the PPP server is not responding. Try reconnecting…
When I unchecked send all traffic through vpn I have a success connection and no drops so far.

Why would this be?

Still having problems when connection on OSX Mojave. Any Help would be much appreciated.

We did a test here. The Mac’s L2TP/IPSec client is working fine with/without Send all traffic over VPN connection. I suggest contacting your point of purchase to do the checking.

Thanks.

1 Like

@TK_Liew Both Balance One and Balance 20 were purchased through Amazon.com . Do not know who to reach out to Amazon to do the checking.

On another note, more some more information. Is it possible that the connection via VPN sending all traffic through is dropping due to the machine bandwidth. OSX users are usually connecting via hotspot on their cell phone, when VPN to office.

You may test to connect a L2TP/IPSec client via a fixed line. This will help to rule out the problem.

1 Like