Remote User Access into different Networks

It would be very useful to assign different networks to different remote users. Different users could be granted access do dedicated network based on their ip address.

5 Likes

I agree as well this has been needed for some time.

another vote!

It would be very nice to have the option to select the subnet/vlan per Remote Access User. This has been asked before on the forum.

This is something that was always possible in Draytek routers we used in the past.

2 Likes

I’m also looking in to this as we have a site for which this is a requested feature

https://forum.peplink.com/t/set-up-different-vpn-connections-to-different-vlan/64abfb3c06f16dcde66e45ea/

I’ll third this feature. It is especially needed for larger networks. I’ve run into needing this and had to workaround already.

Agreed, this is something we’d also benefit from immensely. Have multiple different site/routers where we’d use this if it were available. As it currently sits we have to cobble together random solutions to try to isolate who can access what.

1 Like

I’m using a Surf SOHO MK3 for a home network with parents and children on separate Wi-Fi LANs that are treated differently at the firewall. Having recently experimented with connecting via L2TP from macOS, I also feel limited by the current options.

Selecting the network per user would be helpful, though it seems like overkill in my situation. If there were a way to configure multiple machine passwords and choose the network based on which one were provided, I think that would be enough.

Something that is definitely needed. However Peplink seem to be very quiet on implementing this.

Are there any plans on implementing this feature? I think it would be very useful in many scenarios.