Remote Access to LAN device(s) behind a Peplink Router via InControl2

Hello,
This is a feature request for IC2. The Remote Web Admin in IC2 allows for direct access to the Pepwave router UI. Is is possible to extend this functionality to connected LAN devices?

2 Likes

The short answer is yes we are going to support this but we need time for the development.

Mainly we need to prevent the abuse of this new feature. Imagine all the customers and companies who will want to view the video feed of their IP cameras, bandwidth isn’t free!

Thanks

3 Likes

We we need is a customer owned Remote Web Admin Appliance that they can host themselves in the cloud (so at their own expense for hosting bandwidth). Then in IC2 at an organisation or group level there would be a setting for which RWA appliance to use when initiating access - keeping this traffic away from Peplink’s hosted IC2 environment.

2 Likes

Bump!

This would be a wonderful feature for my use cases.

Thanks Peplink team.

Bandwidth isn’t free, but it’s dirt cheap. I’d imagine you could easily set a data limit to prevent abuse like that or simply require an additional subscription option (perhaps with tiered data use pricing structure) for such scenarios. Like anything else, good has to be taken with the bad. The bandwidth excuse would have been valid 5 years ago…barely. Definitely not today.

Anyone havs a status update on this? Did they ever add the feature?

Yes, this feature is finally here! The feature is called InTouch. It’s available in 8.2 which is now in RC2; GA is very likely within Feb.

Details in the release notes, check it out :slight_smile:
https://forum.peplink.com/t/Firmware-8.2.0-RC-2/

3 Likes

Cool. I am having trouble seeing how to use that feature and access devices on the LAN of Pepwave MAX Transit Mini.

Dear Keith,

can I kindly ask you to explain with some screenshots how to use the new InTouch feature via Incontrol2?
Thanks!

Sure! Here is the world premiere of the InTouch demo video :slight_smile:

P.S. It will be included in our upcoming InTouch technology webpage.

5 Likes

This is great! Thanks for sharing.

Dear Keith,

Thanks alot! :+1:t2:

Pretty cool. My only concern is from a security standpoint. But additional controls should be in-place any way…

Cant seem to access sim injector through intouch. I get redirected to the login page but gets response bad username and/or password. Works locally but not though in touch tunnel… Some sort of authentication issues here?

I’ll test mine later tonight and see if I have any issues.