Regarding Peplink 20

Hi!

This is Murad from Bangladesh. I was planning to order Peplink 20 for my purpose. However, before ordering I need some clarification.

I have 2 broadband connection from 2 different ISP. I work from home and use both connections alone.

One of my connection is expensive, dedicated bandwidth & very stable but only 1mbps. (eg. WAN 1)

My 2nd connection is affordable, shared bandwidth & not much stable but 4mbps. (eg. WAN 2)

Is it possible to configure peplink 20 in a way that:

1. When I use skype it utilise WAN 1 (1st priority) & WAN 2 (2nd priority)
  2. When I stream youtube videos it utilise WAN 2 (1st priority) & WAN 1 (2nd priority)
  3. When I download via Internet Download Manager or torrent it utilises both WAN 2 & WAN 1.
  4. When I browse websites it utilise WAN 1 at first and if it reach maximum limit of WAN 1 then go for WAN 2.

Looking forward to your kind help to take a perfect decision.

Hi,

There is not perfect way on this unless you know all the related domains for services above. All services above may use random ports or TCP80 or TCP443. So difficult to differentiate.

Below is the outbound rules that may help.

HTTPS_Persistence
Source: Any
Destination: Any
Protocol: TCP
Port *: 443
Algorithm: Overflow
Overflow Order: 1)WAN1 2)WAN2

Default Rule: Custom
Overflow Order: 1)WAN2 2)WAN1

Hi!

Thanks for your response.

Is it possible to differentiate 1st two rules only?

1. When I use skype it utilise WAN 1 (1st priority) & WAN 2 (2nd priority)
  2. When I stream youtube videos it utilise WAN 2 (1st priority) & WAN 1 (2nd priority)

Can I force other users on my router to connect via WAN 2?

Hi,

As mentioned, there is no perfect way to redirect traffic for Skype, Youtube, unless you know all the related domains or IP for Skype and Youtube. The suggested rules just redirect TCP 443 to WAN1 and others to WAN2. This is the best we can do.

You can force other users to WAN2. Outbound rules will look like this.

HTTPS_Persistence_Your IP
Source: <Your IP>
Protocol: TCP
Port *: 443
Overflow Order: 1)WAN1 2)WAN2

AnyAny_Your IP
Source: <Your IP>
Protocol: Any
Overflow Order: 1)WAN2 2)WAN1

Default Rule: Custom
Algorithm: Priority
Priority Order: 1)WAN2 2)WAN1

Hi TK,

Thanks for your clarification! My last query:

Is it possible to limit bandwidth for specific user or user group from balance 20?

Looking forward to hearing from you…

Hi,

Yes, this is supported.

Hi!

I have placed my order from amazon. Let’s see how it goes in Bangladesh :wink:

Thank you for supporting Peplink! :wink:

Hi!

I got my router today. I was using my asus router as access point but I can’t control that from Peplink admin.

Do you have any soultion?

Hello,

You will only be able to control Pepwave AP’s for the AP controller feature in your Balance.

Thanks for your response.

Please take a look here: Screenshot - 86dd6bd8bad9e93c2e1b3f944e0d6659 - Gyazo

Is it possible to forward all skype service to specific WAN? As my skype is mostly using SmileBD But I would like to forward it to BBTS.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon… Thanks again!

Hi,

As mentioned here, there is no perfect way to do this. Skype is using TCP port range 1024 and above, 80 or 443. If you forward all these ports to BBTS, connection for non-Skype application will forward to BBTS as well. Please find the URL below for more details:-