Recurring "Error 2" with DDNS Update via DynDns

I’ve had the Balance One for about 2 months now, and I love everything about it except the fact that the DDNS update is not working properly.

I found this forums via a Google search which found this thread Peplink | Pepwave - Forum on the “Error Code 2” with DDNS.

It is not applicable, however, as my password is entirely letters with no numbers or non alpha-numeric characters.

What I have found is that if I reset my password with DynDns, and update my settings on my Peplink, that DDNS updating will work for a few days. Then, something will occur, either with the router, or with DynDns, that causes “Error Code 2” to occur. The ONLY thing I’ve gotten to fix this is to change my password with DynDns, and then change the settings on the Peplink. Here’s an example from the logs with it breaking:

May 27 10:02:35 DDNS: Domain ||| update failed for WAN 1 - Cable Internet. Authentication error. (Error code: 2)
May 27 10:02:30 WAN: WAN 1 Cable Internet connected (IP)
May 27 10:02:28 WAN: WAN 1 Cable Internet disconnected (No cable detected)
May 20 01:19:26 DDNS: Domain |||| updated successfully for WAN 1 - Cable Internet
May 20 01:19:20 WAN: WAN 1 Cable Internet connected (IP)
May 20 01:06:10 WAN: WAN 1 Cable Internet disconnected (WAN failed DNS test)

(I just discovered it hasn’t been updating since May 20th when my IP changed). Here’s the logs from today’s DynDns password change and settings re-do on the Balance One:

Jun 11 15:23:13 DDNS: Domain ||| updated successfully for WAN 1 Cable Internet
Jun 11 15:23:04 DDNS: Domain ||| update failed for WAN 1 Cable Internet. Authentication error. (Error code: 2)
Jun 11 15:23:04 System: Changes applied
Jun 11 15:22:12 DDNS: Domain ||| update failed for WAN 1 Cable Internet. Authentication error. (Error code: 2)
Jun 11 15:22:07 WAN: WAN 1 Cable Internet connected ()
Jun 11 15:21:18 WAN: WAN 1 Cable Internet disconnected (Manual)

Based on the previous logs, it will probably take 1-2 weeks before this fails again.

Has anyone encountered this before? Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Hi,

What firmware version you are using now? You may try our latest firmware version here.

If latest firmware doesn’t help, please help to open ticket for us to investigate. Please download Diagnostic Report during problem occur and help to turn on Remote Assistance.