Question Regarding Recent Captive Portal Changes and Release Information

Peplink Team,

I have recently noticed several changes in the Captive Portal platform, including:

  • Special characters no longer being accepted in usernames (we have historically used email addresses as usernames).
  • Changes to the Captive Portal API behavior.
  • Insert operations appearing to update existing accounts rather than validating whether an account already exists.

I assume these changes may have been introduced as part of a product update. Could you please advise whether there was any release note, announcement, knowledge base article, or other communication regarding these changes?

If such information was published, unfortunately it did not reach me, and I would appreciate it if you could point me to the relevant documentation so that we can review the impact on our integration and operational processes.

Thank you.

Yes, we also note it says can not use . in the username.

When we could expect a new working captive portal? More and more ships move to Peplink but the portal is really the biggest deal killer.