Question about chose HD4 or HD2 IP67

Hello all,

Now, I want chose HD4 or HD2 IP67 so i have some question:

1. On HD4/HD2 IP67 can take 8/4 SIM(4/2 SIM redundant) so can they run all of SIM in the same time? IF No so when the redundant SIM will run?
  2. HD2 IP67/HD4 have AP mode(VRRP)? If No so Can you increase this function on them?
  3. If I chose HD4 but i want use external antennas so can you provide > 5m length of the antennas?
  4. I want stop device when the slow speed and users are very crowed (EX: speed=10Mbps but have 100 users so a user=100kbps–> very slowly–>cant connect or slow connect with internet–> i want stop or standby automatic). Can you have any solution for it? IF you can so the solution can use on incontrol.
  5. HD4/HD2 IP67 have load balancing function? IF yes, how many port can they balance ?

Tks for your help.

1. HD2 will run 2 SIMS and HD4 will run 4 simultaneously. The redundant SIMs/Regular SIMs will run one at a time. See Peplink | Pepwave - Forum
  2. Yes VRRP HA is supported
  3. I would check out L-com.com for additional antennas as we would ship with the regular antenna set.
  4. The best way to achieve this would be to set use the QoS Bandwidth Control feature. This will let you set up/down threshold limits for users.
  5. Tehcnically, they can balance all available WAN connections that they have:

HD2 IP67: 2 SIM, 1 Ethernet WAN = 3 connections
HD2: 2 SIM, 1 USB, 2 Ethernet WAN, Wi-Fi as WAN = 5 connections
HD4: 4 SIM, 1 USB, 2 Ethernet WAN, Wi-Fi as WAN = 8 connections

Hi Jarid,
Thank for your answer.
But i just have some question. Please answer these questions.

1. I want use Max HD for my work so I use 1 max HD + AP(it can transmitt 5 floor, i tested). I see in your manual have AP control but i dont know What AP could controlled by max HD? ( Your AP or any AP).
  2. The function “captive portal” is very well but i want creat special “captive portal” it have interface very similar a website(EX: http://www.therunnersshop.com/). With this special “captive portal” i can show with any one who log in my max HD. So you have any idea to sloved my opinion?
  3. I ll use 2 or more max HD so i want manager them with my server computer. What do i do to managed them?
    I looking forward to hearing from you.
  1. The AP Controller only works with our AP’s.
  2. You can set your own landing page via the Captive Portal:
    Peplink | Pepwave - Forum
  3. You can use our cloud based InControl2 to manage them:
    http://www.peplink.com/products/incontrol-2/

Hi Tim,

Tks very much for soon answere but I just have question for you:

1. If AP controller only works with your AP so Do you have any AP can transmitt >1000m or use for floor of a buliding and use for >300 user accsess in the same time?
  2. I saw link: http://www.peplink.com/products/incontrol-2/ but i dont want use it because I want manage device offline( when i dont connet internet, the manager still managed my device). So Do you have any idea for my opinion?
    Tks for your help.

Hi,

1. Our AP coverage around 50 meter (radius) for indoor and support max 60 concurrent users.
  2. You may go for InControl2 appliance (<=1000 users) or virtual appliance (>1000 users).

I see in your manual have AP control but i dont know What AP could controlled by max HD? ( Your AP or any AP).
2. The function “captive portal” is very well but i want creat special “captive portal” it have interface very similar a website(EX:http://www.therunnersshop.com/). With this special “captive portal” i can show with any one who log in my max HD.

Hi,

As mentioned by Tim, HD2 or HD4 only manages our AP.

To use external splash page for Captive Portal, you may refer here.

Hi,
We are building a solution with your product but we want you support to optimal about some problem. Our plan have requirement:

1. Increase to ~ 600 ->1000 users concurrent.
  2. Increase distance to 160m or 8 house (180m or 9 house is the best).
  3. 1 user use 0.5 Mbps.
  4. Manager all device in system by our computer but dont connect internet.
    Now we are using the wifi router to test with spec:
  • 20 user concurrent.
  • transmit 28 dBm.
  • Antenna 60° horizontal.
    The result of this device when we check the wave wifi:

That is result for 1AP.
We have some question for our plan:

1. We saw your device(AP One Flex 300M) is very well so i want ask you. Now if i use 5-10 AP One Flex 300M in the same house to increase users, its good or bad and why?
  2. Can we use bridge to connect the house 1 to the house 6 like the picture?
    If can so how many Mbps/user?
  3. Our want all system is the same SSID and can manager by our computer when we don’t connect internet. AP just connect with Max HD4 so do you have any idea for this problem?
    I look forward to hearing from you.

Hi,

Looking at your diagrams, table, and description, the solution seems to be providing WiFi access with cellular backhaul using MAX HD router. And the WiFi coverage is like a rectangle shape that consists of 10 houses in a straight line.

The MAX HD router and AP One Flex will be deployed in the first house (on the right of the diagram), and WiFi signal transmit from AP One Flex in directional angle, to cover rest of the houses (House 2 to House 9).

Do you mind sharing more on the deployment objective and expectation? If you have a network diagram that illustrate the devices connectivity, that will be very helpful to us in understanding your requirement.

Thanks and regards,
Wei-Ming

Hi,
We are building a solution with your product but we want you support to optimal about some problem. Our plan have requirement:

1. Increase to ~ 600 ->1000 users concurrent.
  2. Increase distance to 160m or 8 house (180m or 9 house is the best).
  3. 1 user use 0.5 Mbps.
  4. Manager all device in system by our computer but dont connect internet.
    We ll take your device follow this picture

We want you support to me about our problem.
    Thank for your support. I look forward to hearing you.

Our AP’s support up to 60 concurrent users, not 600. You may want to seek assistance from a local company in your area that specializes in Wi-Fi deployments.

Dear Tim,
Thank for your answer but in our plane we use 5->10 wifi router “AP One Flex 300M” so I want to know Is it possible plan?
I look forward to hearing you.