Question about best configuration

Hi Support,
I have a question about the configuration of our Peplink 380. We have the following challenge. We stream video from our office location to the internet. The stream is received by our servers in the second location, which is a datacenter. From that datacenter, users can access the video stream. The line from the office is not very reliable, so we would like to combine multiple internet lines to one to achieve a stable and fast connection from our office to the datacenter.
We have purchased the Peplink 380 to do so and like to bind multiple internet connections into one. Because it is a video stream, we need to use the lowest latency line first, and then the line with the highest bandwidth (they usually have high bandwidth, as they are 40 and 50 Mbps lines).
However, at the moment we have only purchased one Peplink 380 so I think I’m not able to setup SpeedFusion over an VPN connection. I have a couple of questions:

1. Would it be possible to setup SpeedFusion over VPN with only one Peplink 380 and a Linux server on the other side?
  2. What would be the best configuration for our situation
  3. Is it possible to get this configuration with only one Peplink 380 router and provide a stable connection through multiple internet connection lines?
    Hoping for a quick and clear response!
    Hugo

Hello Hugoleijtens,

1. You will need to have a termination point at the Datacenter to receive the benefits of Peplink’s session persistence VPN over multiple WANs. This can be done with another Balance unit at the datacenter or by running a virtual instance called FusionHub. Learn more about FusionHub here - http://www.peplink.com/products/fusionhub/
  2. No, SpeedFusion is a site-to-site VPN needing a Peplink product on both sides. That could be hardware or virtual as discussed above.
  3. Yes, by using FusionHub at the datacenter.

I hope this helps. If you have further questions please reach out. We have had great success streaming over multiple WANs via SpeedFusion so see this is a very plausible application.
Thanks
Mike