QoS for SpeedFusion traffic

Requested Feature: Prioritization traffic which is on the same WAN based on the SpeedFusion Subtunnel or other Outbound Policy mechanism.

Current state: Right now if there are multiple data streams going over a SpeedFusion VPN tunnel, there’s no way to apply QoS to prioritize one data stream in the case of degraded WAN performance.

Example: A SpeedFusion VPN connection is used for streaming a video and for other traffic, and there is one WAN (WAN 1) available. I would like to give priority on WAN 1 to the video traffic over other traffic. This could be accomplished by adding a QoS prioritization to different subtunnels, or to traffic matching other rules like the LAN QoS options.

I do this by setting the flag to Copy the ToS bit from inside my tunnel to the outside. Then use the normal QoS priority knobs and dials in the Peplink. This allows classification based on DSCP mark from the inside and allows me to set priority on the WAN. Also you cannot set “Give PepVPN highest priority” or else I think that negates the other rules.

Is that different than what you’re suggesting? Or are you suggesting traffic marking based on tunnel or sub-tunnel?

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, Wayne. I haven’t noticed that flag. Could you point me to where it is in the UI?

Ah, I found it. I’ll give that a try and reply if it achieves what I had described.