Provide CLI access to run AT commands on the Cellular radios

How can we issue AT commands to the radios in our units?

This feature is enabled on most of your competitors’ products (Cradlepoint, Nighthawk, etc.). We prefer to be able to interact with the modems directly for debugging, beyond the AT!gstatus? command that your CLI exposes today.

1 Like

HI! Welcome to the forum!

This is not possible at the moment.

Interested to learn more about that. What kind of debugging? What do you learn from that level of interaction?

2 Likes

Thank you for the quick response and welcome.

That was also the response several years ago in another inquiry. The person who responded to that inquiry said they would add it to the feature backlog. Can you give us an update on that?

Primarily, we interrogate for detailed signal performance. We also have applications where we programmatically alter band selections today as well based on current performance and a historical database of performance vs location. We want the option to configure these radios directly, since that works across all vendors using the same SW chipsets.

Again, your competition all provide this. Please let me know if there is a way this can be exposed in your software as well.

Sorry, I see now that you are not a Peplink rep. The way you wrote, it fooled me. :slight_smile: I don’t expect you to answer on behalf of the company.