Product FAQ - SD Switch Series - SD Switch Enterprise

Is the SD Switch Enterprise suitable for me?

What is the SD Switch Enterprise?

The SD Switch Enterprise is an SD switch that allows you to scale your network by adding additional Ethernet ports. It comes with a robust enclosure and uninterrupted power supply, making it ideal for enterprise-grade deployments.

What is the size of the SD Switch Enterprise?

The size of the SD Switch Enterprise is 485 x 400 x 45mm for both 24-Ports and 48-Ports models, which is equivalent to 1U in a server rack.

Why should I choose the SD Switch Enterprise instead of other switches?

Unlike other switches, you don’t need command lines to control the Peplink switch. You can use InControl cloud management to remotely monitor, troubleshoot, and configure your network. The SD Switch Enterprise also comes with out-of-band management features, which provides extra redundancy for your network.

What certifications does the SD Switch Enterprise have?

The SD Switch Enterprise has the following certifications:

• FCC, CE, RoHS, E-Mark, IC
  • EN 61000: Electromagnetic Compatibility

What’s special about the SFP+ Port in the SD Switch Enterprise?

The 24-Ports and 48-Ports SD Switch Enterprise comes with 2x and 4x SFP+ Ports that support SFP+ data transmission respectively. SFP+ is an updated version of the SFP, and it can reach 10Gb/sec uplink capacity, while SFP reaches around 1Gb/sec uplink capacity. Thus, the SD Switch Enterprise with this SFP+ feature can enable a superior performance for your network.

Does the SD Switch Enterprise function with InControl?

The SD Switch Enterprise can use InControl cloud management to remotely monitor, troubleshoot, and configure the network. Using this can also simplify LAN management, as there will be no requirement for command lines.

How can the SD Switch Enterprise supply have uninterrupted power?

The SD Switch Enterprise has redundant power supplies. So even if one power supply stops working, the SD-Switch will stay connected to your network.

What is the best use case for the SD Switch Enterprise?

The SD Switch Enterprise is best-suited for Enterprise deployments. It comes with either 24x or 48x of PoE+ GE ports, which provide an over-power solution to fulfill demanding network requirements, due to the different business nature. The redundant power supply protects your business from being interrupted. Complying with InControl, users can effortlessly manage complex enterprise networks and make scalable LAN management possible. Click here, and together we’ll work out a cost-effective solution with the best overall performance.

What is included in the SD Switch Enterprise?

What’s in the box?

Along with the SD Switch Enterprise (24-Ports or 48-Ports), there are: 2 x Power Cord (ACW-614), 2 x L-Mount for switch back side, a screw set for rack mounting, and a Rubber Foot Pad set.

Is my product covered under warranty?

Yes, all Peplink products come inclusive of a 1-year warranty. Please ensure your device is sales registered to reflect an accurate warranty start and end date (see below for more detail)

How do I sales register my device?

Maintaining an accurate sales register date will ensure your warranty status is counted from the date of sale rather than the date of delivery.
To sales register your device:

1. Visit access.peplink.com
  2. Login to your existing PeplinkID account or create a new login
  3. Once verified and logged in. Select Device> Register Device
  4. Enter details and Save Changes.

Once updated, the corresponding warranty status will automatically be updated.

Can I extend my warranty beyond its coverage period?

Yes, all warranties can be extended on a year-to-year basis.

SD Switch Enterprise, 24-Ports SD Switch Enterprise, 48-Ports
EssentialCare 1-Year | 2-Year 1-Year | 2-Year

Renewals can be purchased through our local Peplink Certified Partners or directly from Peplink eStore at the time of sale or any time thereafter.

What is EssentialCare?

EssentialCare is a subscription that bundles the Warranty, InControl, and SpeedFusion Cloud usage into a single package. Click here to learn more about EssentialCare.

Using the SD Switch Enterprise

What voltage is required?

You can power it with 2x 100V - 240V AC input (with power redundancy).

What is the maximum power consumption?

The power consumption of the SD Switch Enterprise can refer to the following table:

Power Consumption SD Switch Enterprise, 24-Ports SD Switch Enterprise, 48-Ports
System 50W 100W
PoE+ power budget 850W 800W

Does the SD Switch Enterprise support PoE features?

Yes. The SD Switch Enterprise comes with 24x and 48x 802.3at (PoE+) GE Ports for the 24-Ports model and 48-Ports model respectively. The PoE+ GE ports can empower the device connected to the switch and enhance the simplicity and flexibility of your network deployment.

How can out-of-band management features secure my network management?

Out-of-band management using an independent dedicated channel to manage the network works as an alternate path to reach the network node when the network is down and traffic is not flowing. It ensures a secure remote emergency network access path to manage and troubleshoot the device when network traffic is down.
The SD Switch Enterprise is designed for out-of-band management. Users can simply plug in a USB dongle or MAX Adapter to provide an alternate WAN path that can remotely access your SD-Switch. This provides extra redundancy for your network management.

How to configure ports or VLAN of my SD Switch Enterprise?

You can either configure your SD Switch Enterprise by InControl or standalone mode. For details, please refer to our User Manual.

What can I do if I need support?

Does Peplink offer support for this product? What if I have difficulties setting it up?

Peplink Partners are ready to provide support to you and all of our users, so always reach out to the place of purchase first.
For those who prefer self-service, Peplink has a very active forum. Our regular forum users include Peplink Partners, the Peplink team, and many knowledgeable users. Generally, folks with questions get answers rather quickly.
In the unlikely event of a suspected hardware or firmware issue, you can directly enter a support ticket with Peplink. You will then receive attention from some of the best engineers! Peplink supports its owners like no other.