Product FAQ - MAX Series - MAX Adapter 5G

What is the MAX Adapter 5G?

What is the MAX Adapter 5G?

The MAX Adapter 5G is a rugged USB dongle replacement with 2 SIM slots and an integrated eSIM. The MAX Adapter 5G is built to provide a 5G-ready network.

How fast is this device?

The MAX Adapter 5G supports a 4Gb/sec downlink data rate and a 700Mb/sec uplink data rate. If the MAX Adapter 5G cannot receive a 5G network, it is able to receive LTE CAT-20 network with a 2Gb/sec downlink data rate and 150 Mb/sec uplink data rate.
You can view the complete spec sheet here.

What is the availability?

Unlike the MAX Adapter, the MAX Adapter 5G only has 1 version, which supports both SA and NSA.

Does the MAX Adapter 5G function with InControl2?

The MAX Adapter 5G supports the following InControl 2 features: Device Details, Bandwidth Usage, WAN Quality Report, and Event Log. Communication with InControl 2 is forwarded via the Connection Manager application, so this application must be installed and running on the laptop.

What is the Connection Manager?

The Connection Manager is a program designed specifically for the MAX Adapter 5G. You can choose which SIM you would like to use, including an eSIM for connectivity. In addition to this feature, you can see the current throughput and total usage.

Can I pair my MAX Adapter 5G with my Mac?

Currently, our MAX Adapter 5G is only compatible with Windows and Linux devices.

Does the MAX Adapter work with my Linux?

Linux users should refer to our MAX Adapter 5G user manual for setup.

Which Peplink product does the MAX Adapter 5G support?

The MAX Adapter 5G is compatible with all Peplink devices which contain a USB WAN port and are running on Firmware 8.1.1 or higher. By connecting directly to the USB port of your compatible device, you can enjoy a 5G-Ready WAN. Learn more about the compatible devices here.

What is included with the MAX Adapter 5G?

Do antennas come included?

The MAX Adapter 5G has 4 x LTE/5G Antennas (ACW-235), 1 x USB-C Female to USB-A Male Adapter, and 1 x USB-C Power Cable.
Please note that the MAX Adapter 5G does not support GPS functionality.

Does the MAX Adapter 5G have a built-in battery?

No. The MAX Adapter 5G is powered via USB-C.

Is my product covered under warranty?

Yes, all Peplink products come inclusive of a 1-year warranty. Please ensure your device is sales registered to reflect an accurate warranty start and end date (see below for more detail)

How do I sales register my device?

Maintaining an accurate sales register date will ensure your warranty status is counted from the date of sale rather than the date of delivery.
To sales register your device:

1. Visit access.peplink.com
  2. Login to your existing PeplinkID account or create a new login
  3. Once verified and logged in. Select Device> Register Device
  4. Enter details and Save Changes.

Once updated, the corresponding warranty status will automatically be updated.

Can I extend my warranty beyond its coverage period?

Yes, all warranties can be extended on a year-to-year basis (EssentialCare 1 Year | 2 Year). Renewals can be purchased through our local Peplink Certified Partners or directly from Peplink eStore at the time of sale or any time thereafter.

Does the MAX Adapter 5G employ Peplink’s SpeedFusion technology?

The MAX Adapter 5G can use the latest SpeedFusion technology—SpeedFusion Connect 5G/LTE—due to the integrated eSIM. SpeedFusion Connect 5G/LTE is an all-in-one solution that offers access to not only SpeedFusion Connect Protect but also 5G and LTE data.

About Cellular data (SpeedFusion Connect 5G/LTE)

Can I use the MAX Adapter 5G without adding a SIM card?

Yes. This function is made possible because the MAX Adapter 5G supports SpeedFusion Connect 5G/LTE, our cutting-edge technology that hooks you up with multiple service providers across the US and Europe.

What is the difference between SpeedFusion Connect Protect and SpeedFusion Connect 5G/LTE?

SpeedFusion Connect Protect is Peplink’s global network of SpeedFusion endpoints. With an active Care Plan or SpeedFusion Connect Protect data plan, you can utilize SpeedFusion technology—including Hot Failover, WAN Smoothing, Bandwidth Bonding, and Bandwidth Overflow—wherever you are, eliminating the need for additional hardware.
SpeedFusion Connect 5G/LTE offers access to LTE data. With this simple all-in-one solution, you can get the most stable internet experience you have ever had.

How do I purchase more SpeedFusion Connect 5G/LTE data?

We knew you’d want more! Shop here for more.

5G FAQs

Do you have any or all of the following questions about the MAX Adapter?

Q: Do Peplink 5G devices support sub-6 or mmWave?
Q: How does Hot Failover/WAN Smoothing/Bandwidth Overflow relate to 5G?
You can find all the answers in → 5G Q&A

Using the MAX Adapter 5G

What size should the SIMs be?

The MAX Adapter 5G uses Nano-SIMs (4FF).

How do I activate the eSIM in the MAX Adapter 5G?

Purchase more SpeedFusion Connect 5G/LTE directly from our eStore here or alternatively through our SFC Management Portal.
Simply run the Peplink Connection Manager, switch on the modem, select eSIM, and you’re good to go.

After connecting the MAX Adapter 5G with my PC, how can I manage it?

For Windows users, open a web browser on your PC and download the Peplink Connection Manager. Install and run the Peplink Connection Manager to set up connections. You can refer to the user manual if you have any issues.
Linux users should refer to page 14 of the user manual.

How do I create a 5G WAN with the MAX Adapter 5G?

Watch how simple it is to upgrade your device!

I see the unit has 2 SIM slots. Can they be used simultaneously?

The MAX Adapter 5G has a single modem with a redundant SIM slot. You can load 2 SIMs and switch between them, but only 1 can be used at a time. Peplink has other products which include 2 or more active modems.

My MAX Transit has a USB port, but it’s not compatible with the MAX Adapter. Why?

The MAX Transit’s USB port only provides power input, not data. For compatibility, the device must contain a USB WAN port.

What can I do if I need support?

Does Peplink offer support for this product? What if I have difficulties setting it up?

Peplink Partners are always happy to provide support to their product users, so reach out to the place of purchase first.
For those who prefer self-service, Peplink has a very active forum. Among the regular forum, users are Peplink Partners, Peplink employees, and many very knowledgeable users. Generally, people with questions get answers rather quickly. In the unlikely event of a suspected hardware or firmware issue, you can enter a support ticket with Peplink directly. You will then receive attention from some of our best engineers! Peplink supports its owners like no one else in the business.