Product FAQ - Accessories - Mobility 42G

Is Mobility 42G suitable for me?

For what application is this product best for?

Mobility 42G is a 5G-Ready Outdoor Antenna equipped with a robust design, making it well suited to applications like transportation, outdoor environment, and mission-critical connectivity.

Why should I choose Mobility 42G instead of other antennas?

Compared to other antennas, Mobility 42G provides a wider frequency range (600-6000MHz) as well as LTE and 5G support. As an Omni-directional antenna, it can work in all directions and can function without a ground plane. This increases deployment possibilities.

Will Mobility 42G work as an Omni-directional antenna for dual Wi-Fi radio routers?

Yes. Mobility 42G supports up to four LTE/5G antennas, two Wi-Fi antennas, and one GPS antenna; it can work as an Omni-directional antenna for dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4GHz and 5GHz) radio routers.

Which Peplink router is recommended to use with Mobility 42G?

As Mobility 42G is equipped with four LTE/5G antennas, and two Wi-Fi antennas. We suggest pairing up a single Mobility 42G antenna with the MAX Transit (CAT-18, 5G, Duo); A double Mobility 42G antenna works well with the MAX HD4 and MAX HD4 MBX (CAT-12).

From Puma to Mobility

Why has the Puma Antenna become the Mobility Antenna?

The Puma Antenna has been engineered specifically towards mobile applications, although it can cater to various verticals. In order to align our product names for future antennas, we have decided to revise them all to reflect the relevant verticals.

Are there any specification differences?

No, the specifications are exactly the same. The only difference is the SKU and Name.

What is included in Mobility 42G?

What’s in the box?

Along with the antenna, there is a Wall/pole mount and a double-sided 3M adhesive pad.

Is a warranty included with this product?

Yes, Mobility 42G comes with a 1-year warranty.

What can I do if I need a connection cable that is longer than 6.5 feet?

You can purchase our extension cable for the Mobility 42G. The length of the extension cable is 15 feet (4.5 meters).

What is the difference between QMA and SMA antenna connectors?

QMA connectors are designed as snap-on locking replacements for the standard SMA connectors. In the case of an extension, QMA connectors can be installed about 10 times quicker than SMA connectors. Also, QMA connectors can rotate 360 degrees once installed.

I noticed that there are multiple product codes for Mobility 42G, which one should I take?

Mobility 42G FAQ.jpg

There are six different product codes for Mobility 42G. The main difference is in the last three characters. The first character is the radio frequency connector, two options are available: Q represents QMA Male and S represents SMA Male. The second character determines the color of the Mobility 42G: W represents White and B represents Black. The last character also has two options, which is the length of the radio frequency cable: 6.5 feet (2 meters) or 1 foot (0.3 meters).

Using the Mobility 42G

Are there any recommendations for installing the Mobility 42G?

Yes. Our datasheet has some installation recommendations for situations like Wall mount, Pole mount, rooftop installation…etc.

Is Mobility 42G a correct choice for outdoor application?

Yes. Mobility 42G has an IP68 in Ingress Protection rating, which is the highest protection against both dust and water. The Mobility 42G’s enclosure is made of UV stable plastic, protecting it from long-term degradation. Click here to learn more about the robust design of Mobility 42G.

Accessories

Are there any mounting accessories for Mobility 42G?

Yes. We have Maritime-grade mounting accessories for Mobility 42G. Click here to learn more about our Premium Deck Mounts for Mobility 42G.

What can I do if I need support?

Does Peplink offer support for this product? What if I have difficulties setting it up?

First, Peplink Partners have an obligation to support the products they sell. Also, Peplink has a very active forum regularly patrolled by Peplink Partners, Peplink employees, and many knowledgeable users; all ready to answer your question. In the unlikely event of a suspected hardware or firmware issue, you can enter a support ticket with Peplink directly.