Primecare for HD1/HD2

Hi Peplink - I have recently been working through some options and found Primecare package the most suitable arrangement considering my situation. However the only device solution that works in my situation is the HD1 dome and sim injector or Poe switch, which is not currently covered by Primecare.

Would you please consider a Primecare package for this setup? It is probable that this would make the difference between me investing in Peplink products or maintaining status quo.

Thanks for your consideration.

Alex

1 Like

Hi, Welcome to the forum!

Could you elaborate further? I’m curious as to which element of Primecare is most important to you with regards this potential purchase?

1 Like

Yes Sure - it’s pretty much the whole package. 1) Ongoing warranty - will be using for 3-7 years so standard warranty isn’t ideal. 2) tech support - Peplink gear seems to be market leading with little issue however I am not the most tech savvy so if I can’t figure it out I will likely need help. Also keep my devices updated with the latest versions. 3) lower upfront cost - due to the ongoing relationship. The primecare numbers I received for a Max transit duo setup were affordable both for first year and ongoing small annual rate.

Thanks Martin for taking the time to understand.

Cheers Alex

1 Like

Hello Alex (@Alohrisch),
Welcome to the Peplink Forum, this is a great place to get questions around your marine requirements from a diverse and mixed background in the marine industry.

As you know, currently there are only four models offered with PrimeCare by Peplink, all other models must be either brought outright or rented through the Local Peplink Partner. With PrimeCare, Peplink is taking all the risk instead of the Peplink Partner when offering a rental.

PrimeCare has been a big game-changer with the four available in many industries.

Another way to acquire the equipment is to setup finance with a local finance provider. In many parts of the world, there are reputable institutions that will loan you the finance upfront with low-interest rates and manageable repayments. In Australia, you have the choice of many institutions.

Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

Thanks for the support @mldowling . It sounds like you are a fan of the Primecare as a selling point for Peplink Partners to get Peplink products in more people’s hands.

People are moving to subscription based services and products that a built to last the distance rather than giving up once the 1 year warranty is over. I for one loathe the throwaway mentality. Peplink does a great job of backing up their products by offering the Primecare which is why I would like to link up with Peplink.

@MartinLangmaid if it helps the process, I would be willing to assist by running a pilot program with a HD1+sim injector setup to help Peplink fine tune rates and reliability of this offering prior to releasing to the broader market. Let me know what you can do. It would be great to join the Peplink community.

Cheers Alex

1 Like

Good Evening Alex @Alohrisch,
It has been an interesting month journeying with you on your Peplink discover, you and your IT colleague, Dan, have been asking some good questions in our emails, keeping our team on the go with responses.
The solutions we have already put forward are the best we can do for you, of cause if Peplink does decide to offer PrimeCare on a broader range in the future, we will let you know.
Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

Hi Alex. I don’t work for Peplink. I’m a Peplink partner. If you let us know where you are in the world I’m sure a partner local to you will get in touch to see how they can help.

Ha! I’m sure you would :wink:

Many manufacturers are moving to a subscription model you’re right. I’m sure Peplink will be considering all kinds of ways to incentivize product purchase in the future and you may well be able to buy additional products in the future under primecare.

For now though, I’m not aware of any plans scheduled to bring additional products under primecare, so if you want a HD1 dome you will need to approach it as a non primecare purchase.

[Edit: And Marcus is your man for that since you already are in dialogue with him - he knows his stuff]

1 Like