Presales questions o.. building a small data center

Good day all,

I am design and building a small data center in my country and i was looking for a device to bond/failover my isp connections.

I have looked at either BPL-135 or BPL-2500…

my questions are as follows:
1)What license fees are there for load balancing and bonding ?
2)we will be mainly offering backup services… Is return traffic to external users bonded access available ISP connections ?
3)How can i ensure that dont lose our handful of vpn connections if an isp wan connection or 2 drops ?
4)Can the boxes act as dns servers ?

So far those are my questions…

Regards,
Andre

Hi Andre,

1)What license fees are there for load balancing and bonding ?
No license fees needed. These are the features included in B1350 and B2500. Please refer here for more details.

2)we will be mainly offering backup services… Is return traffic to external users bonded access available ISP connections ?
Please take note Bonding needs 2 x Balance routers. For your case B1350 or B2500 will be located at data center and another Balance router will be located at customer network. The outgoing and returning traffics are go through SpeedFusion tunnel between Balance routers. Communication between end point devices are using private IP. Please refer here for better understanding.

3)How can i ensure that dont lose our handful of vpn connections if an isp wan connection or 2 drops ?
SpeedFusion is resiliences to internet connection outage. The concurrent VPN tunnels will also back each other up when a WAN disconnection occurs. By routing traffic to healthy tunnels, VPN sessions are maintained with zero downtime.

4)Can the boxes act as dns servers
Yes. It can act as Internal/External DNS server.

Hope this help.

Thanks TK Liew for your reply… both of the Peplink boxes will be at my facility … setup for an active/active failover… in my country we really dont have cheap high bandwidth… i was looking at getting about 4 different isp connections at 100Mb down/ 30 MB up to start with and add more as we grow… most of our users will be home users … and small business is there any possible way to bond return traffic without have peplink boxes at each end ?

Hi,

There is no way to bond traffics without have peplink boxes at each end. I suggest to bundle Balance router when customer subscribe your service.

hrm… a dumb question here…

If i get one of the isps to hosting a peplink box on their network on a 100/100 port on their end… and i have a peplink box on my end… can i bond the multiple connections i have coming in from 2 isp ??

Sure, this would work fine. You just need to make sure you choose the correct models for your application.