Pre-Sales: Restore power functionality

Hi Everyone -

This may be more of a pre-sales question but one feature I'm looking for in my next mobile modem I buy is for the unit to automatically launch to full functionality if it looses power and then has it restored. I have a unit from another manufacturer when it has power restored after loosing it, goes to a login screen and will not restore to full / normal functionality when power is restored. That's incredibly frustrating and the primary reason I'm looking for a new mobile product. When installed in a vehicle, it's not unexpected that it may lose power on occasion. When power is restored, I need the mobile unit to start working all on it's own, hands free. If it needs a user to do something to get it back online, that's a major issue. Can someone tell me if Peplink mobile products will restore to full functionality after losing power?

Wait what?! That’s insane. No networking product I know of does that. Name and shame please :slight_smile:

Peplink devices have an active configuration. If power is lost, the next time it starts up it runs the same config it was running before it lost power and so connectivity is restored.

2 Likes

Hi Martin -

I was 99% sure that Peplink products would do that, especially the mobile ones. Thanks for the info.

The product I have been using and am looking to replace is a Inseego M3100 - Verizon. Long story short, I called Verizon then Inseego support and was able to get in touch with a level 3 engineer at Inseego. They confirmed this was the way it functions...believe it or not. Yes, I agree...totally insane and if I had known that, I wouldn't have bought it, obviously. 

I'm assuming all Peplink mobile products will come back to full functionality after a power loss with out interaction by a person? Just have to ask the obvious question...

Hello @James,
I can confirm all Peplink devices will be restored to the last known/working/active configuration upon power restoration (unless the unit is damaged).
Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile: