PPTP to Speed Fusion

Our main office with our servers runs a B380 firmware 7.1
Site 1 is a B380 hardware 5 so it runs 6.3.4
Site 2 is a B210 firmware 7.1
Site 3 is a Balance One firmware 7.1

The remote sites are connected via Speed Fusion (site 1, site 2), and PepVPN (site 3)

We use L2TP for remote connection. For reasons too long to discuss here, I can’t run L2TP directly to the main office. Instead we connect to one of the remote sites, and then access the main office servers.

If I L2TP to site 3, I have no trouble accessing the main office servers, or any of the other remote sites.

If I L2TP to site 1 or site 2, I can’t access the main office. I can only access devices at the site I am connecting to via L2TP. i can’t get through the VPN connection.

If I am physically at site 1 or site 2, there is no trouble using the Speed Fusion VPN to home office. The only issue is L2TP > site 1 > speed fusion > main office.

I’ve checked every firewall setting I can find, including temporarily making every firewall open. Ideas?

1. What is the IP address you grabbed at site 1 and 2 when you access the PPTP? IP from Untagged Vlan?

2. What is the IP address you grabbed at site 1 and 2 when you are physically there? IP from Untagged Vlan also?

3. Just to confirm, have you check the Internal Network Firewall Rules in main office beside the site 1 and 2?

1 Like

I deleted the connection setup on the Windows PC client, and re-created it. Works fine now. Only thing I can think of is that a Windows Update messed it up.

All good now.

2 Likes