- vultr.com platform for a FusionHub Solo instance
- Based on a FW 7.1.0 snapshot (current firmware is 8.0.0)
- IC2 set to update firmware automatically
- Spin up the instance based on the snapshot
- Configure the instance (all defaults) and add the license code
- Watch it announce the reboot
- The resulting instance does not accept logins/respond to pings
- Restarting the vultr instance does not resolve the issue
- Turn off IC2 automatic FW update for fusionhubs and all is well
There is a race condition. Once the license during the instance setup is entered it registers with IC2, which immediately tries to update the firmware. Somehow that interacts with the other provisioning of the new instance, and the state gets messed up.
Disable the automatic firmware update for the unit or for fusionhubs generally in the IC2 setup during the spin-up of a new vultr instance, preventing the immediate FW update.
The experience is replicable on vultr. I have not experimented on other platforms.