Port forward only when connected to a specific network/SSID?

I just got a Pepwave Max BR1 Pro 5G (x62, if it matters) that I’m configuring for use in our RV. I have a few systems in the RV that I’d like to hit remotely when I’m home, connected to my personal wifi network/SSID. No issue at all setting up the forwards, they are working great, but it’s not entirely clear what will happen to those PATs when I take the RV to a park and connect to their Wifi. WIll they open those ports to the park network (not what I want) or are the PATs “per SSID” or only for a specific IP (the IP address that I hand out at home)?

Here’s what it looks like right now:

The ports are configured per interface.
Suggest you add some new inbound firewall rules that only allow inbound access from your home subnet on wifi wan - that will help although you will then need to make sure whatever public wifi network you connect to isn’t in the same IP range as your home network.

Or you could use IP forwarding on the wiif wan interface when at home (adding a static route for 192.168.50.x /24 to your home router to point to the IP assigned by your home network to the wifi wan interface - that would be dhcp reserved).
Then you wouldn’t need PAT at all as there would be no NAT.

Then when on the move change the wifi wan back to NAT.

1 Like