POE Switch Compatible with Balance One

Is there a POE switch that is compatible with the Balance One.

I have run out of ports. I purchased a netgear to run my AP’s but it causes the balance one to constantly reboot.

We have employed Buffalo managed POE switches quite successfully (and also without too much thought behind the choice, so think of this simply as a sample point). Paired with Balance Ones, 380s and HD2s.

Z

Thanks. Looks like Buffalo is out of the switch business. Checked their site and says “while supplies last” and retailers our showing out of stock.

1 Like

Yes! https://www.peplink.com/products/sd-switch-series-8-rugged/

@Wayne_Goldstein I’m not sure what you mean by “compatible”. You can use any switch.

I have had poor luck with all brands of POE switches. It seems like the POE portion gets overloaded and burns out the whole thing. We’re just using them for cameras and phones. I switched to using a regular non-POE switch, and a separate POE injector from POE Texas. I haven’t had anything from POE Texas fail but if I do the power adapter is separate and much cheaper to replace than the entire switch.

2 Likes

My home/office setup is this:

The Balance connects to the TPE-TG82g. Two of the AP One Minis are then connected to the TPE-TG82g and receive PoE power. The final connection is from the TPE-TG82g to the TPE-521ES, which is an un-powered device that can receive PoE power and forward it on to ohter devices. The 521ES sits in my office, and from there I connect to the third AP One Mini, as well as hardwired ethernet to other devices.

The entire system is backed up by a UPS with a big battery, and since it’s PoE powered, even if I lose power overall, the network and WiFi will keep working.

1 Like