Please look over my Port Forward / Inbound Firewall config

I have one other port forward working but this one is giving me issues, someone look it over please, need other sets of eyes :slight_smile: This is just a VNC forward for testing.

What am I doing wrong here?

If the source is behind a NAT router the source port could be random. I would change the firewall rule to only specify the destination port.

1 Like

I modified it like below… still no go. I’m on an older firmware (7.1.0 build 3504), not sure that has anything to do with?

You have event logging enabled with the firewall rule. Do you see anything in the event log when testing this?

1 Like

I have logging enabled but not seeing any connection attempt in the logs. I can PM you the WAN IP if you want to give it a try.

Edit: Wait, I may have sign of life… I see the connection attempt but no actual connection. It’s gone further than I gotten since earlier. Progress

Progress is good and this confirms you are reaching the router. If 192.168.0.17 has the router for a default gateway it should respond unless it has a firewall enabled. You can confirm the packets are reaching the host with a network capture from the support.cgi page.

After logging into the Balance, type in this address to get the support.cgi page: http://<Peplink’s IP>/cgi-bin/MANGA/support.cgi

1 Like