phone app "The SSL certificate is invalid or expired..." but the web interface says firmware is up to date

Hi

The iOS app shows “Router unreachable” with the expired SSL message as the reason, but when I go to the web interface from my computer and check for a firmware update, it says “Current version 8.3.0 No update available”.

What’s going on, and how do I fix this?

Thanks

1 Like

I have the same invalid certificate message when connecting to my Peplink routers on my iPhone using Safari browser.

I use Google Chrome because there is an Advanced option that lets me proceed opening the router Web user interface.

There are no security risks because we are connecting to our router on our internal network.

1 Like

I am not sure there is a fix other than to upload your own certificate. We also have several such devices where the FW is frozen at 8.3.0 where the certs have timed out. Peplink has indicate it would only update this FW for security issues but apparently does not consider a cert update such an issue. This is indeed unfortunate as we consider Router Utility to be a very valuable tool.

@AdamF ,

For device that running in 8.3.0 and above, the SSL cert can be set to auto update from IC2. For more information, you can refer to the forum discussion below:

https://forum.peplink.com/t/certificate-expired-in-8.2.1/6387b38319523610cb3751ff/2

Thank You

If only IC2 were a solution (or possible) from oh-so-many devices! This approach would be useful in some cases, however. Thanks for the reminder.

Thanks — where is this “device system management” in the Surf SOHO web interface? (I’ve looked but can’t find it.)