Per device internet outages when using H2D Wi-Fi on Apple devices

Hi guys,

I have just purchased and started using a Peplink MAX H2D.

Using the routers Wi-Fi my Apple Macintosh (mac) and iPhone often goes offline.

Restarting the router fixes the problem.

My other device is online over the same Wi-Fi network.

Connecting the device to a different Wi-Fi network works fine.

Forgetting the Wi-Fi network (mac), resetting network settings (iphone) and restarting the device does not solve the problem.

Not sure if always, but the couple of times I checked, google search results did load , but nothing else did.

I followed Apple’s Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support however there are a few settings on that page I cannot figure out how to set on the router

2.4GHz radio mode
This setting controls which versions of the 802.11n/ac standard the network uses for wireless communication on the 2.4GHz band.
Set to: Auto or 802.11n/ac

Whereas in the routers web admin 2.4 GHz Protocol is hard set to 802.11ng

5GHz channel width Set to:
For 802.11n access points, set the 5GHz band to 20MHz and 40MHz.
For 802.11ac access points, set the 5GHz band to 20MHz, 40MHz, and 80MHz.

The router web admin is hard set to 802.11n/ac and the channel width options are

• 20/40
  • 80 (with 40 set for 802.11n)

I set it to 20/40

WMM (Wi-Fi Multimedia)
Set to: Enabled

I can’t see anywhere to set that. Apple seem to think its important, where can I set it?

Any other recommendations or suggestions to eliminate these outages?

Thanks

@home-office

Would you please open a support ticket for support team to check ? We need to check from the device logs in-order to investigate the offline issue. Possible if you still see the problem now, please immediate download diagnostic report from the device and include the diagnostic report in the support ticket.

1 Like