Pepwave Surf SOHO MK3 Client List Problem

Hello,

I Have a Pepwave Surf SOHO MK3 using Firmware 8.3.0 build 5122
With Linux solydx 6.5.0-5-amd64, Debian 6.5.13-1 (2023-11-29) x86_64

I can ping the printer from my PC and the Pepwave system tools and it’s seen with the traceroute but it is not found on a “Wake-on-LAN request” and it disappears from the client list after a few minutes.

I can also sent it up and print from my PC but it does not appear on the client list.

when I restart the router or unplug the power and cycle it the printer appears on the client list but it says that it’s not connected, then I did a ping and then it disappeared after a few minutes.

Also, my phone was able to see the printer on the wifi network, The only thing that happen was a power outage but the router has a UPS battery backup so it was not effected, but the cable company was out for about 8 hours.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

I have experienced a similar issue with a NAS. For years. Way back when, the reason was that the device was only talking on the LAN and not communicating with the Internet. So yes, the list of attached client devices is to be taken with a grain of salt.

As to the device not being in the Wake-on-LAN list, I can only guess that this function is not supported by the printer. Again, just a guess.

Thanks,

The weird thing is that it worked a few weeks ago and stopped after the internet went out.

Also, this issue is just with my phone not being able to print and then I noticed that the printer stopped being seen by the client list, it also stayed on the list before this issue. Because of this the phone does not see the printer.

I’m guessing the issue revolves around the printer connecting to the router, I’m thinking the RJ45 cable could be involved, maybe I need to try and use the printers wifi connection.

OK, this is getting a bit complicated.

Check the daily bandwidth reports to see if the printer is sending any data out to the Internet.

Using networking software, on either a desktop or mobile OS does a LAN scan show the printer?

When the printer does not show up, make it check for updated software and then see if it shows up.

this issue is just with my phone not being able to print

But other devices can see the printer and use it to print?

If printer has a web UI can you get to that?

Are you using VLANs?

Because of this the phone does not see the printer.

There could be many reasons for this as there are quite a few avenues of communication to/from printers.

I’m guessing the issue revolves around the printer connecting to the router

If that was true, no LAN side devices would see it.

I’m thinking the RJ45 cable could be involved, maybe I need to try and use the printers wifi connection.

Ethernet is always better.

No it does not.

Just the PC’s that are wired but nothing using wifi.

there is no web UI

No,

The printer is wired to the router so the PC’s work and the printer is on the LAN of the router but is not seen on the client list. My phone works with wifi and is on the client list but does not see the printer.

When the printer shows up on the client list it has a line through the network connection icon on the left side and hovering over it says that it’s inactive, the only thing that will change this is a ping or trace to route, even then the phone does not see it.

Is it possible that pressing the routers reset button could work?

Thanks again.