Pepwave remote user access VPN not working on Windows 11

This might be a solved issue, I kept seeing similar issues with windows 10, but nothing about windows 11. I recently finally upgraded from a windows 7 PC to windows 11. I need access remote access to the network of a business i service. There is a pepwave with 7.1.1 firmware. The VPN connection worked great on windows 7, but the windows 11 machine i can’t get to work at all. I’ve tired ever setting I can thing of and tried both pptp and L2TP and I just get error msgs(completely different ones depending on settings). Also tried disabling windows firewall. Is there something different we have to do now with windows 11? I know I need to update the firmware, but i only can remote into one computer during bushiness hours when i can’t take them down. I’ll go up there and upgrade eventually. Thanks for any help.

i was able to log in tonight and update the firm ware. New firmware has openvpn. I tried this as well and still fails. I noticed while in the modem that the ipaddress from comcast is a 10 dot. They recently had the modem changed out, so now i’m thinking the comcast modem is not actually in bridge mode. So thinking this is not a peplink issue for the moment.