Pepwave On The Go no Balancing/Bonding Router?

Hi all first post here I’m slowly learning about cellular bonding!!! My first project would be to have 4 USB 4G/LTE USB modems to be connected to a laptop for video file transfer. I think the Pepwave Max On The Go would work but do I need something else? Does the Max On The Go plugs in straight into a laptop or I need something in between? Also do I need something at the other end? I was reading that it needs something like the Pepling Balance 210 Load balancing/bonding router. Not sure where that goes into the transmission path!!!

Thanks

Hi,

Can you share where you try to transfer the video file? To internet (e.g. Youtube) or your HQ?

Fyi, We have 3 models for MOTG. I need to understand the purpose of usage then only can advise better.

Would be for live streaming and actual file transfer to my clients I do audio and video editing and I work on the field and I need a fast a reliable way to send my material over. I’ve noticed that the MOTG doesn’t do bonding only load balancing.

Hi,

You can refer to this (Peplink | Pepwave - Forum), which might be what you looking for.

The Max On-The-Go has 3 SKU, which the MAX-OTG-U4-SF is capable of Load Balancing and VPN Bonding.

Product Code:

• MAX-OTG-U4-SF

Description:

• Quad-USB 4G LTE/3G router. Supports PepVPN, SpeedFusion Bandwidth Bonding and quad-WAN load balancing & failover. Supports 200+ USB 4G LTE/3G modems from mobile carriers including Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, and worldwide carrier.

Product website can be found here.

Do let us know if you require further assistance.

Thanks and regards.

Thanks this is great!!! But basically I would need a balance module at the other end no matter what? Even if I feed the material to people not connected to the VPN? Might be the wrong thread but I see on that diagram that you need a video encoder for live broadcast I have a 15" Mac book Pro with a Matrox mxo2 would there be a way to plug my camera HD/SDI to the Matrox (which I do to record all the time) and use a software base encoder to encode the A/V signal to be pushed live thru the MOTG?

Hi Audiotek,

Correct, in order for bonded throughput to occur, a 2nd Peplink is needed (whether the Balance or our VMware instance-FusionHub).