Pepwave Modems Supporting 1.2 Gbps (CAT 18)

I am trying to make some decisions on equipment procurement for our organization.

I see that one of Peplink’s competitors is selling Verizon Certified LTE Modems for their routers that support 1.2 Gbps download.

Does the MAX HD4 MBX have the capability to support 1.2 Gbps?

Curt

Hi Curt, we are currently working on getting the Cat 18 version of the MBX certified but we don’t have an exact availability date yet. Thanks

1 Like

Tim,

If I buy twenty or so MBX routers in August, does Peplink have a plan to upgrade me (at no additional cost) to the CAT 18 version?

Curt

Hi Curt, I think the Cat 18 version will already be available for purchase in August. Thanks

2 Likes

Music to my ears.

Thanks.

Curt

Will this be the same price as the current MBX?
Could you please list the bands supported by this Cat 18 modem?
Will the price to upgrade the modems be as talked about (around €2000)
Many more questions to follow!
Thank You

1 Like

Tim,

I am ready to procure about 25 MBX Routers next week.

Is the CAT 18 version available?

Curt

1 Like

Hi Curt,

The SKU for the CAT 18 version is MAX-HD4-MBX-GLTE-G-T.

You will be able to order them but lead time may be 2-3 weeks.

Thanks,
Tim

3 Likes

Tim,

Is the lead time still 2-3 weeks?

I just placed an order through one of your re-sellers and they said the model is still undergoing certification.

Curt

Hi Curt, just replied to your other thread.

The biggest holdup is that the Cat 18 modules are on backorder and we’re looking at another 4 weeks or so, hopefully less. Thanks

1 Like

Thanks - I just want to be sure I can drop in my AT&T and Verizon SIM cards and they will both operate on these new CAT 18 radios.

Can you confirm?

Curt

If those SIM cards are already active they will work just fine. Verizon certification needs to complete before you can activate new SIM cards using those IMEI’s. Thanks

2 Likes

Tim,

What is the timeline on the Verizon certification?

Curt

Tim,

Did you have a timeline on the Verizon Certification?

Curt

Hi Curt, if I had to guess it will be mid-November. In the meantime if you already have active SIM cards you can just pop those in and it should work fine. Thanks

1 Like

Tim,

My reseller is saying there is another delay on the MAX-HD4-MBX-GLTE-G-T models…with no explanation.

I ordered 22 of these routers on 20 September and now I am being told they will not ship until mid-November.

Can you provide some clarity.

Curt

Hi Curt,

The delay is because of the CAT 18 radios themselves being on back-order and this is the soonest we can get them.

If you want to go with CAT 12 radios we should be able to ship in just a few days. Thanks

1 Like

Can the CAT 12 radios be shipped now and then when the CAT 18s are ready can they be swapped out?

Hi Curt, I just sent you a DM. Thanks -Tim

1 Like